PDA

View Full Version : The opener

vip_ruger
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
So how pumped is everybody 6 days left till the opener ? I know ive been waiting all year for the season,reading, buying, shooting, and searching info and training and its all here in six days. Im Stoked bags been packed and weighed and unpacked and repacked and weighed im going with 52.5 lbs + Gun+ binos
Good luck to all fellow sheep hunter this year.

gbear
07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I can't wait! We are leaving on Thursday. Just packed up our food so far yesterday. Packing the packs on tuesday evening. We both bought MR packs this year, so will give them a good test. Gun has been shot many times, and it is ready. Just have to worry about me, lol. Trained hard all summer. Had some injuries that I hope don't rear their head during this trip.

Good luck to everyone going

whitetailsheds
07-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Good luck Rob, and all others! Be safe! Take lotsa pics....I'll do the same chasing the white sheep!

Darksith
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Take lotsa pics....I'll do the same chasing the white sheep!

I know that joke, it starts off with a farmer and a fence right?

adamgarbett
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
good luck you sheep hunters. i love the last few days before a hunt, sleepless nights and anxious days..........what a feeling!!

Coming_out_heavy.
07-25-2011, 07:27 PM
My packs ready, foods weighed and measured. Gun is shooting right where it should be. Got new 16 gig cards for my camera. Pictures and story in early August!

Call of the Wild
07-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Best of luck to everyone. I'll be heading out in exactly one month and I can’t wait to read hunting stories to add more fuel to my excitement!!!

Also lets just hope we have decent summer weather from now on or make sure you don’t leave your rain gear at home. :-D:-D

gbear
07-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Good luck Rob, and all others! Be safe! Take lotsa pics....I'll do the same chasing the white sheep!

Thanks Grant, Good luck to you as well. Be safe

ianwuzhere
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
im headin out in a few dayz as well- will stuff the pack full of gear and am very anxious to glass for some stones/goats.. take lotsa pix guys and i will too..

leadpillproductions
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Loaded most of the gear in a pack last night 38lbs so far ,just need to add granola bars energy bars and salt

The Hermit
07-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Man, I'm going to have to mount a sheep hunt next year. I've never done it before but in the past few years reading all your stories and living your hunts vicariously even has this soon to be 60 year old fart pumped!

pappy
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I have managed to get a couple of days off so I gotta get my pack ready and pick a spot and a couple of back up spots and I'll be ready to shoot some scenery with the cam and hopefully shoot a sheep. good luck fellas.

nature girl
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Im wishing all you sheep hunters the best of luck out there. And remember if it is to steep to climb find another way up. What must go up must come down. Usually coming down something steep is way worse then your thinking why the hell did I go up here.