PDA

View Full Version : best lake

drakfero
07-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi , guys , what lake do you like the most to go for fishing? I am looking for some lake , which is not over 5 hours drive away from Vancouver and has lakers , rainbows , bulls and more species to fish for. Do you know about any?

VanBC
07-24-2011, 11:20 PM
There some lakes that 30min to an hour away from Vancouver. Rice Lake, Butzen Lake, Lafarge Lake and Deer Lake (Burnaby) all stock with Rainbow Trouts.

mjmbc
07-25-2011, 06:50 AM
how about chilliwack lake dollies kokanee rainbows even some salmon get into the lake ive caught sockeye in there as well

crazybushcreature
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
chilliwack lake is a hard lake to fish though. Cultus has rainbows,cutties,dollies,kokanee. Jones lake wich is between chilliwack and hope you will have a better chance than chilliwack lake and it has cutties,rainbows and kokanee.

mjmbc
07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
we used to fish for the big dollies with j plugs pink ladies or dipsyies work then got , into useing a down rigger, kokanee were easier follow the feed line or scum line half n half ford fender double red wedding ring and worm seemed that we were never skunked but it may have changed havent been fishing there in a few years

mjmbc
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
is there any water in jones , have they improved that nightmare of a road at all again havent been there in a while either just wondering

carnivore
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
How about Trout Lake in Vancouver. It used to be good for Bass,Crappies and Catfish in the 50's.:)

drakfero
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
cultus is to crowdy , jones is filled , but still lots of guys fishing..

VanBC
07-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Trout Lake at John Hendry Park doesn't have that many fish any more. There are a few Crappies but no more catfish and the Bass is long gone.

GoatGuy
07-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Shuswap is probably close to 5 hours and fits the bill.

crazybushcreature
07-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Cultus isnt to crowded u just have to fish in a few bays away from the people water skiing. ive hooked some great fish in cultus. I havent been to jones this year but the reports that ive been getting from friends is that the road isnt to bad even a car can make it up there just take it slow. The fishing has been half decent too with some nice size cutties pulled out.

Iron Glove
07-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Trout Lake at John Hendry Park doesn't have that many fish any more. There are a few Crappies but no more catfish and the Bass is long gone.

Trout Lake is closed for swimming right now due to the "crap" in the Lake, not the "Crappies". :)
We don't even like to let our dogs swim there now. :(
We used to go there as kids in the 50's with a line, floater, hook and worm and catch catfish. Then we graduated to bass fishing with a fly on a long line tied to the end of a rod.

tim3500
07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
5 hrs travel looking for good trout why even stay on the LML go to kamloops or Merritt (sp?) . Hey ! why not try Red lake roads good drive is easy and its has good fishing I seem to do good there . If thats not working head back to the Loops and pick another lake. lots to choose from

carnivore
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Trout Lake is closed for swimming right now due to the "crap" in the Lake, not the "Crappies". :)
We don't even like to let our dogs swim there now. :(
We used to go there as kids in the 50's with a line, floater, hook and worm and catch catfish. Then we graduated to bass fishing with a fly on a long line tied to the end of a rod.

You must have been one of the rich kids! When I fished there for crappies in the fifties we used a fly on a long line tied to a willow branch. If we wanted some seafood for a change we would ride our bikes down to the Gore Ave. docks and fish for Bullheads, Flounders and the occasional Tommy Cod.:mrgreen:

Iron Glove
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
You must have been one of the rich kids! When I fished there for crappies in the fifties we used a fly on a long line tied to a willow branch. If we wanted some seafood for a change we would ride our bikes down to the Gore Ave. docks and fish for Bullheads, Flounders and the occasional Tommy Cod.:mrgreen:

If you call buying the entire cat fish set up at Keller's Drug Store for 19 cents and my "Fly rod" was the tip end of a steel ( yes steel ) casting rod rich. :):)