PDA

View Full Version : River boat tools,spare parts

Broomed Ram
07-23-2011, 03:40 PM
What tools and spare parts do you think are essentials for a jet boat journey? 20' - 350 Kodiak, American turbine jet.
How many gallons an hour would you burn, loaded going up?
Thanks for any input

ryanb
07-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Chainsaw, axe, tools for all screws/bolts, spark plugs, for a four stroke full change of oil, some sort of sealant/silicone, duct tape, winch/come-along. Any part that breaks often. Survival gear. And last but most important beer.

Gilmore
07-23-2011, 04:04 PM
On top of a basic but good selection of hand tools, a few packages of JB Weld, some duct tape, a spare starter, the appropraite V-belts or serpentine whichever you use, a couple appropriate frost plugs (yep sometimes they do fall right out), the list is endless if you've got the room. Don't forget the #1 tool of all jet boat tool boxes...a sat phone and a credit card thats got lots of room on it!

Backcountry archer
07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not a river boat owner, but I am lucky to be able to go along as a partner on many hunts.
My buddy brings along a good turfer w/snatch blocks, extra rope, pike pole, chainsaw winch and tools etc.
He owns a "Puddle jumper" made by Omineca marine in Prince George. This little go "anywhere" in little water boat gets us everywhere. She is driven by a 175 sport jet and the bottom is lined with teflon. If there is a problem underneath, he will just run her up on a rock bar and tend to her needs and with a simple push or help with a winch, she slides back into the water.

There is one thing that he doesn't bring, and that is a small back-up out board motor. He says that is too much extra weight, but I've seen others with one on their boat and we have been in situations where we could have used one.

Jetboater
07-30-2011, 05:53 AM
fresh F/W seperator, with a wrench, in my opinion is the most important if buying fuel in northern BC