PDA

View Full Version : Another twist about POL licences

08-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I helped my dad out a while back with his POL renewal and recently he received a response stating that because he didn't have any firearms registered to him, they couldn't/wouldn't re-new his application. For those who remember.......the CFC had booths set up at malls where people could just sign up for POL. My dad did this and was later grandfathered another few years when the first POL expired (when they were staggering the dates to avoid an overload at one time of the year)
At that time no registration of any firearm was required.....now they say it ain't so. My question is, what happens if you hunt (have a hunters no.# etc.) and borrow a firearm from a friend, as is the case with my dad?

Schmaus
08-28-2006, 05:26 PM
This is just their way of getting the people that didn't want to register any guns. I guess it kind of makes sense, what's the point of having a "possesion only license" if you do not posess any guns. To do anything other than posess (borrow) you are supposed to have a "possesion and aquisition license".

hoochie
08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
THe POL was phased out a few years ago. It weas well known to many of us that the POL holders were required to get a PAL next time.
Its no biggy though... it gives him the ability to do what he wasnts if he has a PAL.. buy a new one maybe?