PDA

View Full Version : Shuswap lake

Big G Hunter
07-20-2011, 07:31 AM
I am going to be staying in Indigo Bay starting Friday. Was wondering how the fishing was around there? Just have a 14ft aluminum with a 10 hp, was thinking of doing some fishing at the mouth of Adams river. Any hints or tips. I do have downriggers but was hoping to do some bucktailing.

frenchbar
07-20-2011, 07:46 AM
ive done pretty good before with med sink fly line ..with a buck tail..trolling out front of the adams.

Gunner
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
There still should be some fish near the surface because of the cool weather but most will be deeper(downriggers).Watch your fishfinder to figure where the fish are,good luck! Gunner

Little Red Man
07-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Done VERY well lately with full sinking fly line (type IV) all the way out to backing with several different flies that imitate the fry. The most productive was a grey fly about two inches long with a bit of flash in it. If that fails, I cheat and put on a small (1.5 inch) full chrome Apex on the same fly line. Troll slow (1.5 - 2 mph) and with the sinking line full out you should be able to get 15-20 feet down. Been GREAT for me!

PS the Adams was good with some big fish, but did very well up at the Narrows as well. If you want to keep one for the pot, you need to move away from the Adams..