PDA

View Full Version : have a question

bchunter181
07-20-2011, 02:01 AM
so i was watching a hunting video it was based out of the united states but they were talking about how you can call and find out amount of deer harvested in the year before in certian regions and what the success rate is do we have anything like this in canada?

mjmbc
07-20-2011, 04:40 AM
not that im aware of

Darksith
07-20-2011, 05:23 AM
there is no compulsary reporting of deer that I know of in BC, so no. That being said you could do that for some species in BC that have 100% inspection/reporting I would guess

Pioneerman
07-20-2011, 05:56 AM
About 15 Years ago I meet a couple guys in a northern logging camp, they traveled around doing counts of all types of animals in certain areas. Mainly moose, G bears, wolverines and such, but they also knew where the best concentrations were of different animals. We were having coffee and I passed him my back roads map book and he marked out some great areas for me for moose , and he was right on the money. So I am sure they know what the population is like, but maybe not the harvest rates

Gun Dog
07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
there is no compulsary reporting of deer that I know of in BC, so no. That being said you could do that for some species in BC that have 100% inspection/reporting I would guessEvery year I get a survey to fill out from Fish & Wildlife about where I hunted & what I got. That includes deer. Last year I e-mailed F&W and they sent back a giant Excel spreadsheet of all the harvest data.

curt
07-20-2011, 01:12 PM
you can call the wildlife bio in the area you want to hunt they can be quite helpful and informative on occassion