PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Fraser Valley area need a hunting Buddy??

Rollie
07-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi,
New to BC as of a week ago, was posted into Chilliwack (military). Name is Shane, 32 yrs old and an avid hunter. Been hunting my whole life and have been fortunate enough to hunt all over the country but have little to no experience with anything other than whitetail. No interest in bear and was never lucky enough to get a draw in AB for the zones I hunted. If anyone needs/wants an hunting buddy or is willing to give me a starting point it would be much appreciated. Thanks Shane

lip_ripper00
07-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi Shane
Welcome to the site, just past the the base, before you go across the bridge Chilliwack Lk road head up past the lake and start checking the the spur roads for sign. Heavly hunted area the further you are will to hike the more game you will see. Good luck.

Ahh, you would'nt be a wepons tech by chance with keys to the range gate?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Rollie
07-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks...and no not a wpns tech....I'm a Mat tech and to my understanding I can get keys.....I just need to find out if I'm allowed to hunt in there!!!

RJ
07-18-2011, 08:37 PM
You might be SOL for this fall, I think you need to live here for 6 months before you can hunt as a resident. Not for sure on that though, check the BC regs! I could be down if it's all on the up and up.

yukon john
07-18-2011, 08:46 PM
You might be SOL for this fall, I think you need to live here for 6 months before you can hunt as a resident. Not for sure on that though, check the BC regs! I could be down if it's all on the up and up.

I think it might be different for those in the service, rcmp etc

Rollie
07-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Good to go RJ, I just got a response to my e mail. The only requirement is 30 days in province and I am good to go.

mnholt
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Shane, I've sent you an email about needing a hunting partner.. Cheers, Myles

fearnodeer
07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Welcome to B.C Shane, you will get lots of help from this site. Which animals are you intreted in and how far away do you want to go ?

greybark
07-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey Shane , PM me as I live 1 km from Base .
Cheers