PDA

View Full Version : pemberton high country

new hunter
07-18-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm looking at three areas in my backroads atlas {topo map} which I'm thinking about scouting for deer in the weeks between now and october .
Any opinions on the high country above tenquille lake , North creek {above the meager area } and Rutherford creek { the top of first peak nearest the highway } .
Tenquille lake looks like it has a nice bowl to explore , north creek looks like it has another bowl or valley like situation at around 2000m , and the Rutherford looks like it might have a fairly flat top once you get to the peak , and Ive been about half way up , I explored a heli log slash up there , saw lots of tracks , shit and even a shed .
Does anyone have any experience hunting these three areas ? I'll be going up any ways , but I'd love to here if anyone else has too.

Gateholio
07-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Tenquille Lake high country never seems to have that much deer sign in it, although below it is good. North creek is a no brainer for early season- it's part of the deer migration route.

wildcatter
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
How about the South Creek area Gatehouse and how far can you drive on that side?

Tenquille Lake high country never seems to have that much deer sign in it, although below it is good. North creek is a no brainer for early season- it's part of the deer migration route.

proguide66
07-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Theres deer on EVERY hill , sometimes maybe less than 5,sometimes more.One note is the deer here migrate. Collared deer have been tracked from Pemberton to Goldbrige and up past Meager.
I've never been here for early season , only hunted em in Nov.Ive seen loads of sign at the head of the Rutherford in Oct.It looks good up top for sure , but nasty terrain!

bcmulie
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
The area above North Creek is STEEP and ugly, but there are bucks there, and the country is beautiful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/200mm/Pemberton06-27.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/200mm/P9100031.jpg

bcmulie