PDA

View Full Version : Very first wildlife trailcam pic.

huntinnewbie
07-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Living on acreage but in the heart of suburbia ( Aldergrove area) I don't get a chance to hang the trail cam.
Hubby bought it for me for Xmas. As we had spotted yote pooh with cherry pits in it, I decided to hang it under the wild cherry tree in the back field. Of course there are 3 horse in the field but I thought this would give me an idea of how effective the camera really was.
After 2 nights i brought it in and stuck the card in the laptop. 1152 pics!!holey smokes!!
Well horse, horses and more horses except for 1 pic.

Note to self," hang in field without horse in it":mrgreen:

newhunterette
07-18-2011, 09:01 AM
lots of critters kickin in the fields of Aldergrove, the Kohler field cows are always good for bring coyotes, deer, raccoons, opossum etc. That's awesome to catch the yote on your cam.

huntinnewbie
07-18-2011, 09:01 AM
If you look close there are actually two yotes in the pic. You can click on the pic and it will enlarge.

newhunterette
07-18-2011, 09:03 AM
hard to miss the 4 glowing eyes, it's almost erie, something from Twilght :)

huntinnewbie
07-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, I wonder if one of them or perhaps both are the local cat killers. They have been eating everyones house cats and barn cats in the area for quite some time. We lost our barn cat in the spring and next door just lost theirs a week ago. Across the street have had several disappear and their renter actually caught the yote in the act. Saved the cat which was bit 5 times, he got bit by the cat in the process, $700.00 vet bill for the cat and 2 weeks of antibiotics for the owner.

RoverHound
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I think you know what you need to do.