PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Warranty

Spy
07-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Anybody ever have to use the Zeiss warranty?I see that it is transferable!I sent my Scope back to Zeiss Canada yesterday,It has some Issues.They say their turn around time is 8 WEEKS!:shock:Thats cutting it close seen as though I have Moose hunt planned Mid Sept! Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks
Spy:-D

BCbillies
07-17-2011, 09:19 PM
My experience is the Ziess warranty is top notch . . . even if you dropped it on a concrete floor it doesn't matter. In life you only get two out of three and in this case you get quality and low cost (on the repairs) but it will not be fast. I believe I had to wait two months. You may have to borrow a scope for your September hunt.

Spy
07-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the reply I figure I will have to wait 2 months thank goodness I have a back up Scope & rifles if need be! Will let you know what their warranty is like! What issues did you have with yours?

BCbillies
07-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the reply I figure I will have to wait 2 months thank goodness I have a back up Scope & rifles if need be! Will let you know what their warranty is like! What issues did you have with yours?

I managed to let my binos free fall onto the tile floor! :eek:

Brambles
07-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I sent my Binoculars in last week as well, should have arrived in Ontario on Friday. I'm in the same boat as you, hoping to have them back for September hunting. Gonna contact them this week and see what the resolve is gonna be...fix or replace.

bigwhiteys
07-18-2011, 08:13 AM
When you send your stuff into Zeiss, it's a good idea to phone ahead, speak with Gary Perry in Warranty dept. At Canadian Outdoor Distributing and let him know the circumstances. They will usually ask you to courier it to them, then they will courier it to the either the States or Austria where it can get fixed. If it goes to the states you'll have it in like 4-6 weeks. If it goes overseas you're looking at a few months.

You must tell them ahead of time that it is a rush... Otherwise they take their time. I've been through Zeiss warranty several times. Good experience each time... Although we did have to send my binos back in for a 2nd repair because they didn't fix it first run.

Carl

pescado
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
For my elevation knob on my scope I'm @ 6 weeks now. I'll call them again tomorrow and see where there at. It does take a while considering you can get the same thing done if you lived in the States in 2 weeks or less. A lot of it seems to be mail time. They told me 6-8 weeks and I think that's what it will be.

BCrams
07-19-2011, 04:13 PM
. . . even if you dropped it on a concrete floor it doesn't matter.

I managed to let my binos free fall onto the tile floor! :eek:

Ditto here. In Saskatchewan back at relatives house after a days hunt (2nd last day), I was all bundled up thick from sitting in a stand in that cold Sask weather as some of you know. The Ziess bino's came off with my bacalava and fell and hit the concrete floor distorting the view.

Sent them off and they replaced them with a brand new pair of the same bino.

As it was at the end of the season, I had the new pair by spring.

Top notch service.

Spy
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow turn around time!:confused:Sent my scope for repair in July,received it back @ the end of Oct!:icon_frowWould you believe the problem was not fixed!:evil:So I spoke to Brian @ Zeiss Canada,who said "courier it back to us & we will send it off again",Grrr:evil:I have just made a follow up call & eagerly await a response!It has now being 6 months I think this is rediculous amount of time to wait for a repair!Anyone else have the same problems!
Looks like Leupold will be getting my business in the future!:evil:

The Hermit
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow.... That sucks! Vortex has a over the counter replacement warranty right? I have used Luepold warranty too and it's top notch here in Canada too.

Spy
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank goodness I had a back up rifle,with a Leupold on top of her!

BiG Boar
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Vortex has a over the counter replacement warranty right?
False. There are many people on here who have not had this experience.

f350ps
12-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Makes we wonder why FD and the likes always slam anything that isn't european. Seems like a lot of people having problems with their Euro optics, I'll stick with Leupold thanks! K

300rum700
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
If only kowa made rifle scopes.....

pescado
12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow turn around time!:confused:Sent my scope for repair in July,received it back @ the end of Oct!:icon_frowWould you believe the problem was not fixed!:evil:So I spoke to Brian @ Zeiss Canada,who said "courier it back to us & we will send it off again",Grrr:evil:I have just made a follow up call & eagerly await a response!It has now being 6 months I think this is rediculous amount of time to wait for a repair!Anyone else have the same problems!
Looks like Leupold will be getting my business in the future!:evil:

What is wrong with the scope Spy?? Never had an issue with my Zeiss scopes. The turn around time on work you get done can be a while but 6 months seems out of line. I thought most of my time was spent in the mail and sitting @ Zeiss Canada waiting to be shipped to the States.

The Hermit
12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
If only kowa made rifle scopes.....

A Haahahahaha!!

The Hermit
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
False. There are many people on here who have not had this experience.

Do tell... I heard that they were the cat's meow, so says BowWalker? I haven't had to use the Vortex warranty but the scopes have been pretty good for the money.

ROEBUCK
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Makes we wonder why FD and the likes always slam anything that isn't european. Seems like a lot of people having problems with their Euro optics, I'll stick with Leupold thanks! K

zeiss conquest is american

Shooter
12-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Do tell... I heard that they were the cat's meow, so says BowWalker? I haven't had to use the Vortex warranty but the scopes have been pretty good for the money.

I own 3 pairs of Vortex bino's and I do really like them. I had an issue with a bent eyecup on my vipers. Not sure how it got bent but I musta banged it somewhere. I had to send it in (no over the counter replacement on it) but the repair was performed with no questions however turn around I believe was still in the 6-8 week range

The Hermit
12-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Good to know. Thanks

Spy
12-18-2011, 12:38 PM
What is wrong with the scope Spy?? Never had an issue with my Zeiss scopes. The turn around time on work you get done can be a while but 6 months seems out of line. I thought most of my time was spent in the mail and sitting @ Zeiss Canada waiting to be shipped to the States.
When I turn the focus on the eyepiece there is a grinding sound!I am not sure if there is dirt or grit in there,I would think that it would be an easy fix!:confused:Take the thing apart & clean it!But fix the problem & don't send it back until it is fixed,No!
Sounds minor but!
I will not put a scope on my gun unless it is sound!I sent the scope to Zeiss in July its Now DEC!:confused:

lawlu
12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I sent mine in the end of November and thought 2 months was a long time off then... I'll report when and how my experience was then I get it back.

blomgren
12-25-2011, 10:11 AM
should have bought a leupold, max. 10 days for repairs

open-sights
12-30-2011, 02:12 PM
All glass for all manufactures comes from 3 or 4 plants around the world, that is no secret, in fact on riflescopes and Gold ring product that is made by Leupold, that is the only made off-shore components. Leupold is not allowed to state "Made in the USA" as you suggest due to where the glass has origion from. Believe me, if Leupold could get quality glass that met their specifications that was made in the US or North America, they would do it, there simply isn't an option to do so, and the same goes for all manufacturers.

Warranty aside..people thinking Leupold is all American are kidding themselves...Some of the glass is from overseas ..European as well as Asian...other components as well ....even on their Goldring products..labeled MADE IN THE USA

Spy
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Wow Have put in a couple calls to Zeiss since my last post,still no reply!Sounds like they are ignoring me!:confused:What would you guys do if your scope was in for repair for over 6 months?Do you think this is acceptable, considering that this is not a cheap optic!:?

Weatherby Fan
01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow Have put in a couple calls to Zeiss since my last post,still no reply!Sounds like they are ignoring me!:confused:What would you guys do if your scope was in for repair for over 6 months?Do you think this is acceptable, considering that this is not a cheap optic!:?

6 months is totally unacceptable for any company let alone Zeiss,I would be on the blower to someone in Canada and overseas.

lawlu
01-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Yeah, you better give Gentec a call to find out what the heck is going on. They better have a good explanation or I'd be asking for some compensation...

lawlu
01-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Got mine back today. Sent it in mid November. Only it wasn't mine. They replaced it with a newer better model. Restores my faith in...you get what you pay for and sometimes more.

Spy
01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Well I have now left umpteen messages with Genteck & nobody has returned my calls.I am pretty pissed they have now had my scope for over 7 MONTH'S!WTF
Spy:evil:

Jagermeister
01-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I think you better take your complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

REMINGTON JIM
01-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Well I have now left umpteen messages with Genteck & nobody has returned my calls.I am pretty pissed they have now had my scope for over 7 MONTH'S!WTF
Spy:evil:

Call from a different phone number and see if you can get through ! Also email them !

Spy
01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Just sent e-mail to everyone on the Zeiss Contact list,Letting them know I am a Very Unhappy Customer!:evil:

Spy
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Got mine back today. Sent it in mid November. Only it wasn't mine. They replaced it with a newer better model. Restores my faith in...you get what you pay for and sometimes more.

What do you mean it was not yours?LOL Would be funny if you got mine!After all we are both in Victoria!

Jagermeister
01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
What do you mean it was not yours?LOL Would be funny if you got mine!After all we are both in Victoria!I have a feeling that you are going to get a nice new scope, probably an upgraded model. Don't be bashful about taking it to the BBB and that Linda Steele at CTVBC too. Time to put some heat on.

Spy
01-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow its amazing what a couple "well" worded emails can do!Just had a call From Zeiss,a very friendly lady named Karen promised to handle it for me!
The squeaky wheel does get oil,LOL!Thank goodness I have back up rifles & scopes!

Spy
01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Well Just had another call from Brian(good Guy) at Gentech!They will be sending me a new scope,I will recieve it iether tomorrow or sunday!

Jagermeister
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM
See, what did I tell you.

I have a feeling that you are going to get a nice new scope, probably an upgraded model.

Ovis17
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
It's about time....................

reloader60
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I have an old Zeis bino that I had discovered were broken inside. So after having them for almost two and a half decades, I returned them to the telescope store in Vancouver where I bought them, to see if I could have them fixed. The really helpfull employee,looked up the serial number and it still had a month left on a 25 year waranty. He sent them to Austria , and 3 months they were back ,good as new!

Spy
01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Today, I finally received a New Zeiss scope, Same mod just new! I am now a happy camper! Lesson I learnt,Make as much noise as you can,you will be rewarded!Thanks for all the suggestions & support!
Cheers
Spy:-D

bearhunter338-06
01-30-2012, 09:50 PM
So with the Zeiss warranty you need to bitch and complain fo 6 months or longer to get your expensive scope fixed.....:-)

bchunter17
09-04-2018, 09:01 PM
I had a fantastic experience with returning my Zeiss Conquest HD5 RZ 600 3x15x42. It had two very small black dots in the scope that I could barely see and figured it wouldn't hurt to send it in. Firstly, you send it to gentec canada (based out of Ontario). They said it would be 8 weeks but it was actually 6. They send it to Zeiss USA.

They sent me a brand new scope. I was very pleased.

swampthing
09-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Don't hold your breath on 8 weeks. I sent one away and it was closer to 8 MONTHS! Forgot I even owned it when I got it back!

604ksmith
09-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Don't hold your breath on 8 weeks. I sent one away and it was closer to 8 MONTHS! Forgot I even owned it when I got it back!

I knew you'd be posting on this thread!

swampthing
09-07-2018, 05:32 PM
I will still buy their products all day long though. A great mix of quality and affordability

Sharpish
09-07-2018, 05:48 PM
My binoculars were at gentech OVER A YEAR. I almost missed a second hunting season without them. I had to call everyone under the sun including corporate USA and eventually i got a satisfying conclusion

firebird
09-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Gentec is slower than sin. Guys seem okay to talk with, I don't know where the disconnect is.

they are supposed to send you loaners. But they don't tell you that!!! You have to ask