PDA

View Full Version : Jelvis & The North River Rocko Jocko???

dana
08-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I heard you are related???? Are you serious??? The Rocko is a Legend. Is he your uncle or what????

Jelvis
08-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Stevie, my uncle, my cousin and myself are not worthy to carry your pack, never mind tryin to keep up with your climbing, or reputation as the all around big game hunter of Wells Gray and the famous Tumtum, Keep up the good info and the photos of your scouting and hunting, I will be looking forward for your posts, especially on your mule deer photos and stories, My uncles gone now but me and my cousin are still following all the posts here, hunting in B.C. I heard yesterday from an oldtimer hunting buddy of my late uncle that theres more deer up the valley then he's ever seen in 65 years of hunting so some one is going to get a wall hanger, this 2006 season. I'll see ya between East Gate and the Willow River, Jelvis

BCrams
08-28-2006, 07:41 AM
You sure talk just like your uncle (grin)

dana
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Jelvis,
The Rocko Jocko is the only Legend of the North River. I could never fill those shoes. The Lower North River and Wells Gray Country will never see another like him. You have my condolances.

Jelvis
08-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Steve: My Uncle James passed away quite a while back, but his sons sons still live around the area, altho not the hunters he loved to be, things change. He did teach my cousin Rocky well, who always wanted to be, just like his uncle," the best mule deer buck hunter of Barrierre BC " and never could live up to his hunting hero's status. Rocky failed to make the grade in life and they had a falling out, crushing my cousins spirit. Soon after, his mentor, his favorite person, left him, alone, passing away before he could make ammends. Rocko is still around hunting the North River every season for mule deer, where his uncle James took him step by step showing him marks in the soil and trees where big muley bucks had made thier marks which astonished Rocky in his young age. His uncle continued to show special interest in Rocky, his sisters son, taking Rocky under his wing. Rocky knows he'll never be a muley hunter like his mothers brother, uncle James, and he says I can't be either. Thats how and why I call Rocky, Rocko The North River Jocko Jelvis, proud to be Rocky's step cousin

Will
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
My head hurts........:|

kishman
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Very well written bud.

dana
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Will,
Your head hurts? How do you think my head feels. Many people were sure Rocko and dana were one and the same, thus my banning on HS.

BCrams
08-28-2006, 09:10 PM
...... finally got to the bottom of it .....

todbartell
08-28-2006, 09:20 PM
http://www.armory.com/%7Eliz/potluck/2001/Nov-3-2001/Clio-CircleJerk.jpg

Will
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
... thus my banning on HS.
That was my last ACT as a Mod............:lol: :lol: :lol:
:smile:

dana
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Well at least you are a man of conviction and stand up to all the evils that are known as dana. ;)

one-shot-wonder
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.armory.com/%7Eliz/potluck/2001/Nov-3-2001/Clio-CircleJerk.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding

LeverActionJunkie
08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
What the hell is going on?!?!?

dana
08-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Lever,
Good question. Will the real Jelvis stand up? or will Jelvis leave the building?

dime
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Why does this thread seem like some inside joke gone horribly horribly wrong? And what is with the zuccini gangbang casserole? I agree, my head hurts. I think guys are getting a little squirrley with anticipation of the upcoming season.

Will
08-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Well at least you are a man of conviction and stand up to all the evils that are known as dana. ;)
lmao ! You know I had no part in that....well, not entirely anyways:lol:
I crumble under pressure :|

Yes it's definately time for some Hunting Trip Pics.......folks always get Nutty this time of year:shock:

dana
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Ain't nothing nutty going on here. Just trying to figure out who Jelvis and the Rocko Jocko are is all.

Will
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Ain't nothing nutty going on here. Just trying to figure out who Jelvis and the Rocko Jocko are is all.
I was referring to the Bartell Casserole:lol:
Nice.....:|