PDA

View Full Version : ''ANY BULL''area

ratherbefishin
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Since I don't hunt the early season, the only ''any bull'' moose areas open is 6-17, 6-18 to 6-29 in northern BC.I do have a 19' canoe & 6 hp outboard but don't have a quad.I'm looking for an area of reasonable access to roads[not into packing moose quarters at my age]I'm not really interested in a trophy bull, a nice 3 or 4 year old would do nicely.We may have a 4x4 but at this point are just driving a 2 wd ford 250 pickup.Would you go up the Alaska highway and look for a spot-or head up the Stewart Cassiar[being aware of the 400 yard rule]and look for a lake/river to camp by and hunt from?
I know we could see moose in areas far closer-but the immature rule isn't condusive to meat in the freezer

quadrakid
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
why not hunt zone 6-1 to6-11 or6-14 to 6-16 or6-30 oct20-oct26 any bull? nice and cold lots of access and potential to take a mulie or whitetail. lot closer than alaska highway or stewart cassiar. good luck whichever way you head.

ratherbefishin
08-27-2006, 04:52 PM
is there anything moving after the rut?

Jelvis
08-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey Ratherbecatchin I have been told that bull moose rut so hard that when the rut winds down and out the bulls can lay up in the thicker stuff for two weeks trying to regain there strengh. Now I'm not an expert on moose but I think this sounds about right, I know theres a lot of Prince George hunters on this site that know a lot about moose that could probably set us straight on movement of bull moose after the moose rut. Anyways good luck in your moose hunting.

ape
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM
I know a few guys that go out for the Oct season any bull around Burnslake and have had no problem calling in a few bulls. There is still movement at that time as well. Goodluck.