PDA

View Full Version : Petcurean Go! Food

rick25
07-16-2011, 11:59 PM
My 3.5 month old English Pointer is not doing well on his current food (runny/wet stool) so I'm thinking about switching from Acana Puppy & Junior to one of the Petcurian Go! foods.
Anyone here use it?
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rick

swampthing
07-17-2011, 07:28 AM
My lab was raised on Go. At one year I tried to change him out to a cheaper food, but he rebelled. He is back on Go. You can buy different blends for various stages in their life.

Casagrande
07-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Did not have any luck with either of those foods as my lab had less than firm stools as well. After driving my local retailer nuts, it seems that having chicken or fish ingredients in his diet does not agree with him. Taste of the Wild's lamb formula and some venison tripe are working great. Although with the price of dog food these days I'm about to start making my own.

Foxton Gundogs
07-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Raise a pile of pups over the years(springers and goldens) have used Iams smart puppy with great results last litter I did some resurec and found Super store PC brand is made by iams so tried it worked great half the price put the pup I kept on Kirkland at 6 mos and she is doung fantastic. Never used kirkland before the thread on here about dogfood its rated 2nd only to blue buffalo I thinit has proved itself in my eyes and ill stay with it

Kasomor
07-17-2011, 08:34 AM
My 3.5 month old English Pointer is not doing well on his current food (runny/wet stool) so I'm thinking about switching from Acana Puppy & Junior to one of the Petcurian Go! foods.
Anyone here use it?
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rick

When was the last fecal analysis done on your pup and when was he last wormed? Are you feeding him the amount the breeder recommended for his age or the amount that it says on the bag?

I ask cause besides food intolerance there could be stuff going on in your pups gut (worms, giardia, coccidia ....just to name a couple) or he could be getting too much food to.

I feed Acana Grasslands to my pups not the Puppy. I have also fed GO. Happy with either food.

Good luck with your pup. :)

Lots'oLabs
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
We feed Go to our 3 boys and Now to our Senior girl.
No complaints about the product what so ever.
All 4 are healthier than they've ever been along with beautiful shiny black coats.

Dutch
07-24-2011, 02:08 PM
I will say I underestimated what good and bad food will do.Presently feed both the chocolate and the pit(don't ask long horrible story) Taste of the wild dry ,and supplement the chocolate during hunting season with Tripettte.Dogs have good stool? do not have any skin or rash irritations and the lab does not have any odour.This is my 4th one and he does not have the damp dog smell that my other ones did.Vet says food is important I am now a believer.:)

Tuffcity
08-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Our two beasts (GSP's) get fed the Go. Seems to agree with them.

blackwater moose
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
it may not be the food , try a bland diet of rice for a couple of days to settle the bowels down then restart the dog food, if you get the same result then change brand

farside
08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
All 3 dogs in this house on Acana. Either pacifica or ranchland. Also like the Go duck as well. I have a dog with alergies and did the switch to pacifica to isolate all normal stuff from his diet. We are pretty sure now its strickly a grain alergy so have swapped to the ranch lands to see how he does. Just a thought - Acana and Orijen are pretty high protien foods which is probably what is giving your dog trouble. Try what BWM suggests but add some boiled chicken as well. Seriously - who wants to eat just plain boiled rice

Our vet has a theory that we coddle a dogs diet far to much - which leads to tender tummies and allergies. Good food is a must but switch it up with some regularity. No opportunity for a dog to develope an allergy if not always on the same food. My dogs can be hard switched between quality foods with no ill effects at all