PDA

View Full Version : Fort Nelson Butcher/Cooler

rcar
07-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Can anyone help me with a butcher/cooler in Fort Nelson who is reliable? I have finalized my trip and now need to get the planning started.

thanks.

BCBear
07-16-2011, 10:46 PM
just out of town northward theres a great guy whose helped us out but I can't recall his name...best to pm rockdoctor he knows the town

Coming_out_heavy.
07-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Farmer Bob I think is the guy you mean. He has moved as of this summer, to Pensylvania.

Riverratz
07-16-2011, 11:32 PM
2 yrs. ago Rock Dr. gave me the name "Al Radford" as a reliable, trustworthy meat cutter in FN.
Didn't have to use him as it turned out, so can't comment personally on service, etc., .... but I take RD's advice as gospel,unless something has changed I don't know about.

EDIT: Was just informed this morning (17th) that the above IS NOT cutting meat this year.

pillpusher
07-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Might be able to get you a name and contact number. Fire me a pm and I'll see what I can find out for you.

PP

Rock Doctor
07-22-2011, 12:34 AM
2 yrs. ago Rock Dr. gave me the name "Al Radford" as a reliable, trustworthy meat cutter in FN.
Didn't have to use him as it turned out, so can't comment personally on service, etc., .... but I take RD's advice as gospel,unless something has changed I don't know about.

EDIT: Was just informed this morning (17th) that the above IS NOT cutting meat this year.

LOL, I don't remember anything about the "Reliable and Trustworthy" part:-D, but He is my neighbor. Have not talked to him for a while, he may not be cutting, but he will probably run his cooler.

RD

white moose
07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Any confirmation on radford's cooler, used him about 5 years ago, nice guy. heading up the muskwa on the 15th, need to make some arrangments for cooling. Does anybody know where riverjet brings his client's meat?

rcar
07-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I called Al and was told that he has retired. I did manage to find a butcher who is south of Fort Nelson with a large cooler (can hold 80 moose). He was great to talk with and very helpful and is ready to go for opening day. If anyone else is looking PM me and I'll pass along his number.