PDA

View Full Version : Who has LOWA TIBET PRO GTX boots?

yugo111
07-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey was just wandeing what kind off cream and spray you guys use on Lowa Tibet Pro GTX boots, for care and waterproofing is there some stuff thats better or stuff thats not good for them any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

bullelk
07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Just bought a pair of them and was told by several guys that Obenhaufs (sp?) was the best stuff to use on them. I bought a tub of it but haven't applied it yet.

yugo111
07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
sweet thanks I'll look into that one and try it

Buck
07-17-2011, 08:02 PM
X2 on Obenaufs works very well

BiG Boar
07-17-2011, 10:48 PM
bought this boot, still have yet to apply something. Think I will go with the obenaufs though. Anyone eles use it? Better than Snow Seal?

bigwhiteys
07-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Obenhaufs slays Snow Seal... Way better stuff... Smells good too.

Carl

07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I have the same boots. Started out with Nikwax nubuck waterproofer before first use. After a couple of weeks of day hikes the leather was getting a bit try so I cleaned the boots and applied 2 layers of Obenhaufs LP wax and I have only been using the LP wax since then. The boots are 4 months old and they look brand new. Great stuff, just make sure to get the dirt off before you rub the wax in, you don't want to trap it in the leather with the wax.

Slee
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Just bought a pair of them and was told by several guys that Obenhaufs (sp?) was the best stuff to use on them. I bought a tub of it but haven't applied it yet.

sweet thanks I'll look into that one and try it

X2 on Obenaufs works very well

Obenhaufs slays Snow Seal... Way better stuff... Smells good too.

Carl

Where can you buy Obenhaufs in BC? I currently have some wax from Whites Boots (guy said there stuff is made by Obenhaufs) I would like to get some more for my Scarpa's

dana
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Nothing beats Logger's World. Eats leather if used consistantly but it seriously works. Hard to come by now though.