PDA

View Full Version : Hunting North of Bonaparte to Bridge lake ?

mulerider
07-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi. I live on Vancouver island and have done most of my hunting here since I got my licence a few years ago. I have planned a trip with some friends and we are staying at eagan lake resort. This lake is right between Bonaparte to the south and Bridge lake to the North. None of us have ever hunted this area and any pointers would be greatly appreciated. We will be hunting Blacktails and Spike/Fork Moose. Thanks in advance

Morris

gutpile
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
sorry but there are no blacktails in that region.

Jelvis
07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
What is your Mu planned for and is it in gos for moose and deer? Your near a few different mu's in that area so tell about your plan so far.
Eagan Lake resort, when are you booked, what time period?
Jel .. Talk about your plans so far ..

mulerider
07-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Last week in october.

chris
07-17-2011, 06:47 AM
There are some nice moose in there, as well as some good mulies. I have even seen the odd whitetail so I would suggest a tag just in case.

.257mag
07-17-2011, 09:03 AM
head up the main boaparte forrest road about 400 mtrs down the road from eagan lake-take just about any spur off that road- the brown creek road is one of my favorites you can now drive all the way through on that road and come out at darrlington on hwy5 between little fort and barrire-lots of moose and deer a whitetail tag is well worth the money lots of them around eagen lake.

Machinist
07-17-2011, 06:03 PM
I have hunted the area over the years when we don't get any leh, we have taken several immatures off the north side of boanparte ,you can only acces it by boat or a quad trail , we put our boat in at the launch at the frs camp on the west end of the lake , then go approx half way down the side of the lake , put it on shore the hunt up the side of the lake , there is also a quad trail in there now i guess for folks that have cabins in there , take the first road to the left just before the fsr, campsite and follow till it dead ends and you will see the trail, that road went to the old thunderbird resort that is now shut down, if you walk far enough up the side of the lake you will walk into some cutblocks and hit the logging raod that runs across the top, the moose seem to like that heavy bush allong the side of the lake, its tough sledding in there but has been productive for us,
Good luck

mulerider
07-17-2011, 09:31 PM
great thanks!