PDA

View Full Version : My new bow

Big Lew
07-16-2011, 10:02 AM
As mentioned earlier, I finally decided my health concerns were under control, so took the plunge and ordered a new bow from Wayne at Big Game Archery in the beginning of the year. I liked both the 2011 axe 6 and the dream season evo, and told Wayne I would take whichever would come in first. I actually preferred the evo's design (beefier limb anchor points). Well, he pulled some strings and was able to get the evo for me:-D. I've now been able to get enough shooting in to say it's some bow. (something shooting a few arrows in a shop can't fully tell you) Very quiet, shock-free, and an absolute joy to shoot. I'm going to continue shooting my old pse, keeping it for backup, but the difference is fantastic. It's compact, balances very well, and has no torque concerns compared to the old bow. It's capabilities far exceed my shooting abilities, which I'm going to work on as best I can.:)

Ruger4
07-16-2011, 10:10 AM
;-)......to add Lou , your going to love the speed !!

Bowzone_Mikey
07-16-2011, 10:13 AM
they are a great bow ... carefull tho .... you will lay awake at night thinking about the next target session and next hunting trip ....

Bow Walker
07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
C'mon now Big. Where's the pics?

mikeboehm
07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Its an awesome bow no noise no vibration. Only negative ill give it is the weight

Big Lew
07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Its an awesome bow no noise no vibration. Only negative ill give it is the weight

The weight isn't bothersome to me at all because my old bow, which I still use, is heavier and more cumbersome.
And to "Bow Walker," I'm still stymied on how to send pictures from my laptop....might have to transfer them over to my Wife's computer and try from there....I admit I'm not computer literate....I'll keep working on it.

Bow Walker
07-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Here ya go Big - a couple for the thread....

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Big_Lews_Bow1.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Big_Lews_bow2.JPG

Ambush
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Is there something wrong with your arms?? That's a nice looking rig, but it's all backwards looking, some how.:confused::confused:

358win
07-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Is there something wrong with your arms?? That's a nice looking rig, but it's all backwards looking, some how.:confused::confused:

The shooter for that bow is in his 'right' mind.

Big Lew
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
The shooter for that bow is in his 'right' mind.

Funny, most say I'm NOT in my right mind