PDA

View Full Version : Never during hunting season

polaris rider
07-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Was out at the Lone Butte Fish and Wildlife (near 100 Mile House) range the other day getting a little more practice in. As i was setting up some targets at the 100 yd range my Labrador (toby) all of a sudden went crazy. i saw she was barking at a 4x4 buck standing at the top of the west berm looking down at us as we were setting the targets, just standing there watching, it was kinda spooky. After a minute or so the big boy turned and went back down the other side of the berm, oh well it was nice to see anyways.I got back into the shooting shack and was unpacking and loading my Marlin Cowboy when the dog started up again. So now the buck was back and coming down the berm into the long gun range right behind the targets i had just posted ....no kidding...so i decide to take my time getting set up and given the deer a chance to get away from my line of fire....nope he wasn't going to move very far...now he was standing about 10/15' to the right of the targets chowing down on some grass, so i figured oh well with my first shot at the targets he would be off and running...wrong again, first shot it never fazzed him at all so, i sighted my scope in( another 4 shots) and then took another 15 or so shots at my targets before he moved to the top of the berm on the east side of the range....i tell you that deer was not gun shy at all....at least not in July.

all on a quiet Saturday afternoon

hope to see him in the fall.....not

Gord

NaStY
07-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Happened to me when I was at ridgedale last year. Stupid buck stood right behind the targets. Had to run out there and chase it away.............

Darksith
07-16-2011, 12:32 AM
same thing in kamloops at the hefley range. Deer everywhere sometimes.

gutpile
07-16-2011, 12:35 AM
he will be dead when fall comes a round.

keoke
07-16-2011, 01:10 AM
I have had 2 does walk out of the woods 30 yards away when sighting in my 300 win mag. I think I flinched more than the deer.

elkeater
07-16-2011, 08:33 AM
i had mountain sheep standing directly behind the range in grand forks, so i just watched them for about a half an hour, then i could shoot. they are there all the time

sako_300
07-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Had a chipmunk on a pillar in front of the shooting table when I was firing my 300wm - that thing was literally 2 feet away and in front of the gun. Muzzle blast must have him deaf but he didn't seem to care. Poor *******.

Diesel13
07-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Had a black bear show up last week when target shooting at a cut block near penticton. My wife spotted him 150 yards away I took another shot (at the target) and he turned around and walked back up th mountain.

Peter Pepper
07-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Setting up to zero in a new scope, set up the target, went back to the gun, took aim and a dumb quail decided to perch on to of it...it was his lucky day but jeese

olharley guy
07-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Howdy, I think it's brother has just walked beside my house and down the driveway headin back to the rifle range. Ha! A beauty all right. Later

Bchunter3006
07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Know a guy who went to the range last september to sight in a new gun, after a couple shots an elk bugled just behind the range... with every shot he took after, the bull answered and came onto the range... bad day for that bull, lucky day for the hunter. six point and not even hunting... not much fun in that! haha

Legi0n
07-16-2011, 11:01 PM
hmmm, lotsa hearing impaired critters where you shoot :D

fearnodeer
07-17-2011, 08:06 AM
It happened to me once in hunting season, we were at canal flats and mid day we stopped for lunch and i decided to take in a little 22 target practice with the ruger, after shooting 20 rounds off decided that was enough and when i turned around i notice a 4 point muly about 150 yards aways just staring at me, as soon as i went for my 7mm he knew it and gone the the wind, should have keep fire the 22 he might of just keep watching.

TESKELLY
07-17-2011, 11:07 PM
I was at Miracle beach a couple weeks back when all of a sudden this young fella came walking down the path 10 feet in front of me.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/TESKELLY/Hunting/IMG_7025.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/TESKELLY/Hunting/IMG_7026.jpg