PDA

View Full Version : phone hunting survey

bckev
08-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I just took the phone hunting survey fish and wildlife are doing. What a useless survey. It seemed to be about how to market better as opposed to improving hunting. They did ask about a mentorship program for young hunters which is great. Has anyone else taken it?

bsa30-06
08-27-2006, 10:03 AM
First i've ever heard of any such survey.What kind of questions did they ask.?

mainland hunter
08-27-2006, 10:18 AM
it makes sense if you read the ministers column in the new hunting regs, something about increasing hunter #'s to over 100,000 by 2015. i think its good, the more hunters there are the harder it becomes for future govt's(NDP) to take away hunting opportunities. there's strength in numbers. and its also aimed at making hunting less offensive to the public. just watch wanted ted or alive. they have a disclaimer saying "this program deals with hunting" why does that need a warning.

3kills
08-27-2006, 12:21 PM
was that the one that they sent things out sayin ur were picked random and if u would like to take it send it back sayin when is a good time for them to call u?

08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
If the lieberals really wanted to increase hunter numbers and protect our heritage from future abuse, they presently have the political clout to enshrine what ever they want into law.......
It's the first l have heard of this survey, but l would be willing to voice my opinion if they phoned.

mainland hunter
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I believe they have brought up potential legislation to do just that. correct me if i'm wrong. Ontario's gov,t did it and i thought i heard talks that the BC liberals were trying to follow their lead

bckev
08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I got a letter asking me if they could call. I said yes hoping it would be more about improving game situations, seasons etc. Instead it was a marketing survey. How much did I hunt, what was I willing to pay for stuff etc.

mainland hunter
08-28-2006, 09:05 AM
oh i thought you meant it was asking about marketing hunting to the public. in that case it does sound kinda dumb.

Radar
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
None contacted me. I guess if they did I'd tak the survey. i'd like to see all levels of government get seriou about hunting and protecting our rights...

Seth
08-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Perfect, increase the number of hunters to over 100,000 so that it's even harder for me to get an island elk tag. . .

one-shot-wonder
08-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Perfect, increase the number of hunters to over 100,000 so that it's even harder for me to get an island elk tag. . .

More the merrier :!:

We have never been in more desperate need of representation presently and in the future here in BC.:eek:

If your worried about Elk tags, drive to the Kootenays and do some real elk hunting!;-)

mainland hunter
08-28-2006, 10:53 PM
you gotta think the more hunters, the more hunters have political clout and the more the likelihood of having the Gov't consider us more seriously.

PGKris
08-29-2006, 11:22 PM

I hope you're not serious. Phone me up! I'll do it!