PDA

View Full Version : Lots of nice bucks running around!

lovemywinchester
07-15-2011, 12:38 AM
I drove from Kamloops to Whistler tonight and saw a bunch of nice deer, mainly bucks. All between hwy 97 and Lillooet. The most I have seen in a long time. Saw a big boy near Pavillion that I was sure was a horse until he looked up and I saw the gear. He was a nice golden brown in the late sun with a big rack. Almost smoked a pair of bucks coming in to Lillooet as well. Looks like this wet summer is providing some good feed in the dry country. They all looked big and healthy showing off the velvet. Less than two months to go!

gutpile
07-15-2011, 12:48 AM
That's beautifull country in there !

5 spike
07-15-2011, 03:48 AM
i am seeing the same thing here on the island, lots of bucks and some very nice racks. this season is gonna be a good one.

Caribou_lou
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if the Wet Weather is better for Antler Growth? We have had a miserable summer but I also have seen some impressive animals so far and still another month of growing.

steelheadSABO
07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Guys don't worry about trying to go get that big buck I'll have him bagged and tagged september first :)

lovemywinchester
07-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Guys don't worry about trying to go get that big buck I'll have him bagged and tagged september first :)

I meant he was between Savona and Juniper beach, my mistake. Yep, that's where the big ones are. You should try there.8)