PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Rangefinder case

Stone Sheep Steve
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Anyone got one of these??
http://www.grouseriver.com/Badlands_Rangefinder_Case_p/hun-001120.htm
Just wondering what size they are? I've got Leica 1200 LRF and was wondering if it would fit okay.

Thx

SSS

allan
07-14-2011, 02:46 PM
My buddy puts his leupold 1000i, I phone, and a predator call in no problem. The case will close with a "snap" if you let it close on it's own. Best to help it close by letting one side contact before the other. The cases work well. I'm more interested in a retractable tether system made by S4 gear. I tend to drop the expensive stuff like gps, rangefinder ect.

todbartell
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I got one, should fit the larger old school Leica no problem. Nozip magnetic closures are nice. Their 'Everything' pocket is a bit bigger in size yet, it lacks the elastic cord to attach to LRF thats it

kuiu
07-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I got one, should fit the larger old school Leica no problem. Nozip magnetic closures are nice. Their 'Everything' pocket is a bit bigger in size yet, it lacks the elastic cord to attach to LRF thats it

Not a fan of the magnet closures. I lost a camera this spring that was in a badlands case. While busting my way through some thick brush, a stick go stuck on the case and pulled it open. Camera fell out. The badlands case went in the garbage as soon as I got home. Ill stick with zippers and buckles.

troutseeker
07-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Hey SSS, you can try mine for size sometime next week when I get back from holidays.
It has a built in lanyard to avoid loosing stuff, just got to fasten you gear to it.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Sounds like their "everything" would be big enough for a small video camera....or do you think the rangefinder case might house a vid cam??

Hey SSS, you can try mine for size sometime next week when I get back from holidays.
It has a built in lanyard to avoid loosing stuff, just got to fasten you gear to it.

When you get back, I'll be going. Might be a small window where we can hook up, otherwise I can see it when the food order arrives. Might have to wait until aprez sheep hunt.

Thanks all!

SSS

fearnodeer
07-15-2011, 06:40 AM
I got the bino case and found it to be great, you might want to consider it instead.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-15-2011, 06:51 AM
I got the bino case and found it to be great, you might want to consider it instead.

That's on my hit-list as well.....but I thought this item would come in handy for late season hunts while it's snowing(mostly late bow season). My current rangefinder cloth holster gets wet easily.....steamed-up when you need it most. It's also a little tight to pull out with one hand so I usually hang my rangefinder around my neck which isn't the best place for it.

SSS

troutseeker
07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm back, you got some time this week?

Stone Sheep Steve
07-19-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm back, you got some time this week?

Crazy busy week for me....so I just went down to Grouse River and bought one. Only slightly tight for both the rangfinder and vid camera but should work fine.

Food order finally arrived. Just need to do some math to see what everyone owes.

SSS