PDA

View Full Version : Reliable gun and tackle ?

wsm
07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Im not gonna get into all the details at this point hoWever they completely dropped the ball in this case . Im not very unhappy. :icon_frow

yukon john
07-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I have found them to be awesome, knowledgeable and reasonably priced time and again. That said nobody is perfect, care to share any details?

RJ
07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Im not gonna get into all the details at this point hoWever they completely dropped the ball in this case . Im not very unhappy. :icon_frow

Not very unhappy, so does that mean you're happy?

270WIN
07-13-2011, 12:42 PM
are you happy or unhappy with them. you need to share details.

wsm
07-13-2011, 12:46 PM
they have in the past earned my respect , with go work and excellent customer service. and as said pricing. if some1 in a shop gives u a time frame then @ the end of the time frame call em up to see how things are comming . not only are they not done do to circumstances @ their end they haven't a clue when it will be done , and cant answer me for new a time frame . they couldn't even call to let me know so i could make other arrangements.

Sunny
07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
yes we need more details Are you happy or unhappy

steelheadSABO
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
This thread is very confusing I didn't know reliable sold fishing stuff? and we still haven't figured out if your unhappy or happy so far i've only heard good about reliable.

Sunny
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
sometime work need more time and is not their false. like my shotgun stock take me 3 yrs to get it. so I still can't understand your problem

Cariboo Game Calls
07-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Good people as far as I'm concerned. They have always be accomodating, have provided competive prices and good service. No complaints here!

wsm
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
im not happy.

Lone Ranger
07-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Reliable in Vancouver or Reaction in Abbotsford? Could be a name slip.

Either which was, I like Reaction as well. Yes they are in the middle of a major transition period (gone from fishing to both hunting and fishing gear now, and trying to do so in a small shop) but give them some time. They're trying their best to do a good job in there, they've always been very happy to help whenever I've stopped in there. I will admit, it has been a month or two since I was last in there and they were pretty bare then, but things should be getting better by now I'd think. LR

wsm
07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Reliable in vancouver

270WIN
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
I will shed some light on this. Wsm is at work so i am guessing it hard for him to type out a full story about what has gone on. I just had a little conversation with wsm. Wsm took his riffle in a couple weeks ago to get it rebarlled. Relaible in vancouver told wsm it would be a couple weeks. So today wsm called reliable to ask how the project was going. the told wsm they sent the riffle away and it was not ready.wsm is not mad about the delay he is upset that reliable can not give him a new eta when it will be done. The told him to call back in a few more weeks. They also said that next time they see the guy who is working on the rifle it will be done. wsm is just looking for an eta so he can plan his hunts.

270WIN
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
sorry wsm if i over stepped saying anything.

sarg
07-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Reliable in Vancouver or Reaction in Abbotsford? Could be a name slip.

Either which was, I like Reaction as well. Yes they are in the middle of a major transition period (gone from fishing to both hunting and fishing gear now, and trying to do so in a small shop) but give them some time. They're trying their best to do a good job in there, they've always been very happy to help whenever I've stopped in there. I will admit, it has been a month or two since I was last in there and they were pretty bare then, but things should be getting better by now I'd think. LR
i was in reaction in abbotsford today its a nice store with good prices, i think in time they will put hubs out of business,

Razor84
07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I will shed some light on this. Wsm is at work so i am guessing it hard for him to type out a full story about what has gone on. I just had a little conversation with wsm. Wsm took his riffle in a couple weeks ago to get it rebarlled. Relaible in vancouver told wsm it would be a couple weeks. So today wsm called reliable to ask how the project was going. the told wsm they sent the riffle away and it was not ready.wsm is not mad about the delay he is upset that reliable can not give him a new eta when it will be done. The told him to call back in a few more weeks. They also said that next time they see the guy who is working on the rifle it will be done. wsm is just looking for an eta so he can plan his hunts.

rebarrel jobs often take months, this is not uncommon

probably best to not wait until the middle of summer to get your rifle rebarreled, just a thought

Lone Ranger
07-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Personally, I kinda hope they do. I used to shop at Hubs a fair bit, however in the last few years they've really let things slip bad from what I've seen. I've been very happy with Reaction's service and I wish them the best. Young store, fairly young crew, but they've always done me well. I apologize for hijacking the thread about Reaction, and I digress.

I've shopped at Reliable several times and would more often if the drive wasn't so far away. LR

wsm
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
rebarrel jobs often take months, this is not uncommon

probably best to not wait until the middle of summer to get your rifle rebarreled, just a thoughtthat would have been good if they had bee upfront about timeframe . a couple months is not what they said . so i scheduled my plans around what they said

buck nash
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
i was in reaction in abbotsford today its a nice store with good prices, i think in time they will put hubs out of business,

I think Hub is doing that all on their own. Just my opinion.

NEEHAMA
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Reliable is a great shop, great people, great service, must have been an isolated event.

wsm
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM
i sure hope your right NEEHAMA. i haven't been treated very well in this . when i asked how long do u think it will be, and the answer is . I dont know.. that is the only answer i was able to get . thats frusterating

RJ
07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Sounds like they aren't the ones actually doing the work. Maybe you can get the number of the guy that's doing the job and get a timeframe. Seems like a good excuse to pick up another gun though.

bandit
07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
FWIW I had a similar experience with them last year. Dropped my gun off for a quick trigger job (like 20-30 mins), they said it would take a week. Went back 2 weeks later, nothing had been done and they couldnt give me another ETA! No hard feelings though, it was such a small job it didnt warrant sending the gun off or driving an hour to another store.
I guess you have to look at it from their perspective - if they tell you the truth that it will take 3 months then you probably wont give them the business, you would scour the interweb and send it away to get done. Once they have your gun then you are a captive customer.

wsm
07-13-2011, 03:44 PM
RJ that sounds like an idea that i like . new rifle is just not in the budget till next year though.

Barracuda
07-13-2011, 04:39 PM

until this post I always thought WSM was a chick?

Gateholio
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Why are you getting it rebarreled?

270WIN
07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
RJ that sounds like an idea that i like . new rifle is just not in the budget till next year though.
what you need another one for right away work with the ones you have.

wsm
07-13-2011, 05:55 PM
:roll::roll:
until this post I always thought WSM was a chick?
cosidering i dont get on to much anymore . what would give u that idea. because im polite for the most part?stereo typers

ex bc guide
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Reliable is a great shop, great people, great service, must have been an isolated event.

x2!! never had a bad experience with them.

6.5x55
07-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Having dealt with Reliable and had excellent service from them and just about every other independent gun dealer in the lower mainland and interior the last place that I would take a gunsmithing job is a retail gun store. You take it to the man with the lathe and drill press and milling machine ie. a qualified gunsmith. When you do that you are prepared to wait 6 to 8 weeks because there just isn't that many guys around anymore and most of them are getting old.

madrona sh
07-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Send it down south to RED JACKET. Just kidding.......... good food takes time.

stixnstones
07-13-2011, 10:04 PM
reliable is awesome!!! hands down. 60 years in business speaks for itself.

wsm
07-13-2011, 10:17 PM
reliable is awesome!!! hands down. 60 years in business speaks for itself.maybe your right . I'll never go back after this . their customer service in my opinion would be lucky to be classed 2 nd rate. in this situation!

todbartell
07-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Is this that big of a deal that you'd resort to slagging Reliable on an online forum? They're not doing the work on your rifle, they've outsourced it to someone else to rebarrel. Call Reliable, have them give you the gunsmith's contact info and you can discuss how much longer it's going to be with him directly. Reliable doesn't care about your rifle as much as you do, sad but true. I'm sure they got alot on their plate already, hard to keep everyone happy. If they said it was to be a couple weeks, it's likely what their gunsmith said it would be. Shit happens

call the gunsmith who has your rifle

wsm
07-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Is this that big of a deal that you'd resort to slagging Reliable on an online forum? They're not doing the work on your rifle, they've outsourced it to someone else to rebarrel. Call Reliable, have them give you the gunsmith's contact info and you can discuss how much longer it's going to be with him directly. Reliable doesn't care about your rifle as much as you do, sad but true. I'm sure they got alot on their plate already, hard to keep everyone happy. If they said it was to be a couple weeks, it's likely what their gunsmith said it would be. Shit happens

call the gunsmith who has your riflei will try this approach tomorrow . somehow i dont think they will give out this info, but dont know till i try. to u its just shit happens . to me, i has made a mess out of a s--t load of my plans .all this because they couldnt be bother to phone and say it will be a couple or few ,extra weeks or months . so i could make alternative plans.

wsm
07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
i talked to some @ reliable this morning. and they were so helpful , able to give me a timeframe and put my concerns to rest. ty . that is the customer service i have had in the past. guess who u speak to is very important

mpotzold
07-14-2011, 10:27 AM

call the gunsmith who has your rifle
The way I see it also!
I’ve been dealing with Reliable for many years & found them to be very supportive, knowledgeable and needless to say reliable!
When I was a dirt poor student in the late 60’s early 70’s I always had/carried a backup rifle in case one rifle gets chewed up by a grizzly.:shock:
The old idiom comes to mind-THERE ARE TO SIDES TO EVERY STORY

wsm
07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
first i dont feel i slagged any1. to say i recieved poor customer service when i phone so see how it was coming . is not slagging in my opinion but stating a fact . NOW THEY HAVE RESOLVED MY CONCERNS TODAY IN A VERY PROFESSIONAL MANNER. . and get it right there are 3 sides to every story