PDA

View Full Version : NICE system question!!

fuzzy
07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
After obsessing for 8 months about what pack to buy i have decided on the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab. From the research and reviews i have read this seems to be the pack for me.

My only concern is that most of the people on here that sing there praises are pretty far from being skinny, guys like Devilbear, Gatehouse and some others that are "husky". Are there any skinny guys that can put my fears to rest so i click the "buy now" button.

I get called skinny and I am about 5 10-11 and about 165lbs with a narrow waist about 32"
thanks

fuzzy

Gateholio
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Just get the right size hip belt.

I recall wen I was 165lbs. I think I was in grade 6. :)

RJ
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Why not give MR a call? Im sure they will tell you everything you need to know.

07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
You might be so skinny your bones might poke holes through from the inside out, best put on a few pounds .........those rounded shoulders and bulging bellies come with character and .... time.

Best look to another brand........

CT

fuzzy
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
A coworker was buggin me about wearin a medium shirt, i said " what your just pissed that you wear a sized fat with extra allowance for bitch tits":).

Joking aside, if i concentrate on eating and working out i can push it to 180 or 185 but my waist still stays skinny.

CT i take it you know some slender guys that the packs didnt work well for?

fuzzy

TSW
07-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Get a small waistbelt. I'm about a 33" waist and the small fits me great.

Elkaddict
07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Get a small waistbelt. I'm about a 33" waist and the small fits me great.

Agreed, I am also about a 33", I went with a medium, and will be getting a small for this season. Medium is not too bad in late season, with a few layers on, but there's nuthin' left to haul in during T shirt weather.

TSW
07-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Agreed, I am also about a 33", I went with a medium, and will be getting a small for this season. Medium is not too bad in late season, with a few layers on, but there's nuthin' left to haul in during T shirt weather.

Same thing happened to me. I originally had a medium and it was great until the end of my sheep hunt last year. I got them to send me a small and it fits way better.

Coming_out_heavy.
07-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Small waist belt and you are golden.

akyne
07-08-2011, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't be too concerned. The customer service is excellent and if you feel that something is just not right, the folks at Mystery Ranch WILL see to it that you are taken care of, no questions asked.

Don't forget to post some pics when you get it home and loaded up for the first time!

bigwhiteys
07-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Same thing happened to me. I originally had a medium and it was great until the end of my sheep hunt last year. I got them to send me a small and it fits way better.

Me too... Small on the way. Last year sucked after losing a bunch of weight on the hunt my hip belts were too big.

Carl

Flinch
07-08-2011, 07:47 AM
From my conversations with Mark at MR, they almost never have trouble fitting the thin guys into the NICE, rather it is the 'well-bellied' guys that are trickier. Also some tall guys find the frame short and don't like the angle of the load lifter if they don't have the 6500 or 7500 bag on the frame. Those bags have a bit of a frame extension on them to essentially make the frame longer, the crew cab and others do not, so that is when guys complain about the frame being too short. I am 6'2" and I run mine with and without the 6500 bag, and I would agree that it rides better with the 6500 on it, but it is still very good with just my custom load sling on it.

KodiakHntr
07-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I get called skinny and I am about 5 10-11 and about 165lbs with a narrow waist about 32"
thanks

fuzzy

5'10, and will be around a buck seventy after the first sheep hunt of the year.....I went with the small belt right off the bat after talking to Seacat.....After my third trip last fall, in October, I probably could of gotten away with the extra small, as I had the small belt snugged right up to the quick on the days where I wasn't wearing a bunch of extra clothing. However, the small did the trick even with a jag of weight on.

You'll be fine with a small belt.

Everett
07-08-2011, 08:37 AM
I am 5 10 180lb with a 32 inch waist and use a medium belt tried the wifes small and didn't like the fit.