PDA

View Full Version : And the scouting for muleys begins. . . .

Stéphane
07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I tried to stay away from this site during the off season as the topics tend to go South a bit. But now, I'm officially preparing for the year of hunting. After my first ever season of hunting last fall, I realised that I needed to be more prepared for hunting and that I needed to find my own spot. Nice to rely on others, but I think I need to do my own work. Reading "The Monster Muley" thread by dana, I was quickly made aware that I was ill prepared. I think I understand that 2 major factors help you find a games: luck, and research. So, I decided some research right now. Not looking for a monster, but the thread applies to all. Very informative!

Yesterday, I found a nice place with a lot of tracks. Not sure if it is good enough, but I plan on going back there in a few weeks and walk to the place early in the morning. If it happens to be a good place, I was wondering if I should build a hide. I will scout more areas, but I would like pick a spot soon and focus my attention on it.

I will have the advantage of the early bow season to get close to them before they get to spooked.

Fishing rod in tow, I keep on looking!

SG

Speratus
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
How did the season go for you?

Spy
05-15-2013, 09:06 AM
How did the season go for you?
X2. But he might be staying away from the site, as it is the going south season.

RoscoeP
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
What about putting out a trail cam to see what is moving around in your area, I hear there are some that you can check from home on your phone?
I think if you do your research/scouting and put in your time hunting your chances will be pretty good. All the best,Cheers Roscoe

Speratus
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
LOL Spy,

RoscoeP, Im doing my CORE next thursday and ive been keeping my eye open for sign while out stumping.
I really should invest in a trail cam... Unfortunately the District of North Vancouver doesn't allow any hunting even though theres amazing land. Thinking of Scouting up in Squamish and up higher on Pine Cone Burke Mt. or even Sumas.