PDA

View Full Version : Moose Hunting 6-04

aaronfisher
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Good morning everyone a few quick questions I got LEH for 6-04 and I've never hunted the area before. Let me tell you about the type of hunter I am I get called a hightech hunter because I use GPS and mapping software on my laptop. I hunt from a quad(ATV) and I camp in a travel trailer and pack a gennerator. So my question is are there many forestry Rec sites that can handle a 25' trailer? and are there any areas of the MU that I may have better luck hunting in?

steel_ram
07-06-2011, 01:26 PM
You could probably take the Holy X Rd. and park your rig in some gravel pit near Kenny Dam. The sound of logging trucks may drown out the sound of your generator, or leave that at home and camp a few km up at Cheslatta Falls.

Island Idiots
07-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I have not been in a while. Check out rum cache site. ( Cicutta?) off the holy cross near the dam. You can park on top above the campsite, there is a crapper there. Not sure if you want to go down to the lake site as it has a big short hump in the road and not a lot of room.
check out the last road (trail) on the left just before the campsite for a good spot to call from. Get up on the knoll. Not sure if the area still produces, but I have been succesfull there in the past. Check Hobson lake for deer. Good Luck. :)

aaronfisher
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
my LEH is from oct 27th to Nov 15th and my genny is super quite 50db at 7 feet (I've tested it)

Razor84
07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
that's gonna be a tough LEH to fill. Likely nasty weather and ugly roads. Check the back corners of 5-10yr old clear cuts for a bull trying to recover from the rigors of the rut & being chased around during the GOS. Last time we hunted that zone was in the Lucas Lake area. Quite a few roads branching off the 500rd

aaronfisher
07-06-2011, 03:51 PM
thanks Island idiot ive set waypoints on my maps for the POI that you lisited

pronghorn
07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
There are areas to park a unit of that size it's just depends on what area your going to hunt.As the 6-04 late draw is a good draw to have.

Marlin375
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Take chains for your truck..... it can snow a shitload at the end of Oct. and sometimes the grader won't show up for a week to get the logging started again.

XPEIer
07-06-2011, 08:02 PM
www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca (http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca) will list all the Rec Sites in the province.

steve62
07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I live right in the middle of 6-4 and Have LEH for Sept. I know the area like the back of my hand. E mail me aweek or so before you come up. I will take you out. ks.contracting@live.ca

aaronfisher
07-10-2011, 11:06 AM
well like i said in another post a buddy of mine and his doughter have the same LEH so the 3 of us are going to go together and my buddy has hunted the are many times before but my question is now are there any fueling staions in the lower half of 6 04 or near the kenny dam area

aaronfisher
07-10-2011, 11:07 AM
and whats the weather like in that area from about mid oct to mid nov might bring a solar panel or 2 to save fuel from my genny

Island Idiots
07-10-2011, 11:56 AM
From Kenny Dam there are 2 choices I know of for fuel, both are resorts: Finger Lake, or Knewstub I believe. Otherwise drive back down the Holy Cross to the hiway. The weather can be summer or winter that time of year. Go prepared. Tire Chains and Air Conditioners. :)

aaronfisher
07-10-2011, 07:36 PM
i was wondering as far as weather was for sun vs overcast for the solar pannels to keep my batterys charged in the day finger lake is advertised in the hunting regs and i looked it up on my maps and wayponited it