PDA

View Full Version : 7-16b

lightmag
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
BUll draw 7-16B aug 15-sept 30, not supper familiar with the area, pretty grown up, any pointers? good water holes, slews etc??

moosin... sure you a have a few ideas :)

moosinaround
07-06-2011, 07:18 AM
A buddy of mine did that hunt last year off the Parsnip by boat. Early in the morning, and right at dusk were the keys. Davey Jones had the early hunt last year in 7-16a. There were bulls taken on opening day, seen a couple, but it was slow. I'll PM you and we can meet for a BS session if you want. Moosin

lightmag
07-06-2011, 05:33 PM
sounds great!! berrs and BULLS.........hit lol lets hook it up.

hillclimber
07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I filled out a few years ago for one of the early hunts in 7-16. Not sure if it was zone A or C but it is the one that ends along the parsnip. The area that looked best to me was Tacheeda Lakes "area" We were gonna focus between Tacheeda and the Parsnip for moose, hope this helps. moosinaround will have a lot more info than I do on the area.

barf_fly
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Lightmag, I drew the same MU right after you, starting Oct. 1. It'll be new to me, so I can't offer anything. Good luck.

Barf

Shade Tree
07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I got that last year but didn't put in enough time (a couple long weekends). The guys who were there for two weeks with the big camps killed moose. I thought it was pretty busy in there.

Buckzilla
07-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Our group drew there this year as well. Oct. 1st. Know the area well, but have to hold cards tight so there are some moose left from early draws.... I'll give you a hint, drive up and down the North Fraser road at 5AM real slow with a guy sitting on a life guard like chair mounted to the back of the pick-up box with a sweet gun turritt mounted on it. You need to have the chair be at least 15 feet high.