PDA

View Full Version : Nanaimo Boatlaunch/Ramp

muledeercrazy
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi, I am going to launch my 20' boat this sunday and head to the sunshine coast for a day trip. I live in Vic and was planning on trailering to and launching in nanaimo but cant find much online about the ramps. I need one that is good regardless of tide, has plenty of parking, and wont be to busy? Can anyone give me any info? I found a parks listing for a brechen launch but no info on costs, parking, etc.. Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter Pepper
07-05-2011, 09:17 PM
the only one for you is the brechin boat launch, off zorkin road. Right by the depatur bay ferry terminal. Pay paking, fairly busy

muledeercrazy
07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, any idea what it costs to launch and park for the day? Sounds like i dont have any choice, but its good to know.

lilhoss
07-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks, any idea what it costs to launch and park for the day? Sounds like i dont have any choice, but its good to know.

It was about $6.00 for 1 day(24 hr) period for the parking lot,for"vehicles launching boats only".I think the launching fee is built into the cost.There are some areas further north though around Qualicum,Bowser,French Creek if you want to tow farther up island.Have a good trip.

muledeercrazy
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
thanks for the help, sounds good.

muledeercrazy
07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
So as far as everyone knows there is no problem with that ramp on a low tide?