PDA

View Full Version : native hunting reg's??

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 07:33 PM
hey i'm fairly new to hunting. i found out a little while ago that i'm getting my native status! all the info i can find on the regs for native hunting are so vague and dont tell you much.

i have a few questions about them but cant find anyone to answer them here in fort nelson.i cant get ahold of the CO's here. and would really like to get my questions answered.

anyways my Q's are

#1-do i need tags(ie mulie deer,bear ect) to hunt on crown land?
#2-can i hunt on crown land thats off season to none status natives??
i got some others but cant think of them right now.

any help/info you guys could give me would be awesome!!

ROEBUCK
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Awesome :-D

Spy
07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
hey i'm fairly new to hunting. i found out a little while ago that i'm getting my native status! all the info i can find on the regs for native hunting are so vague and dont tell you much.

i have a few questions about them but cant find anyone to answer them here in fort nelson.i cant get ahold of the CO's here. and would really like to get my questions answered.

anyways my Q's are

#1-do i need tags(ie mulie deer,bear ect) to hunt on crown land?
Like all the rest of us "Non Status" yes you do!
#2-can i hunt on crown land thats off season to none status natives??
I don't understand question Number Two, What do you mean by "Non status Natives"??
i got some others but cant think of them right now.

any help/info you guys could give me would be awesome!!

Why not Just hunt like all the rest of us! Status or not?:confused:

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Husker tell us a little about yourself ..

wos
07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I m no athority on the topic but reacently did a bunch of research for a f/n friend and this is what I came up with (please verifiy with proper athorities) On traditional territory for your band no season license or tag as long as there isn't a conservation concern. On crown land the seasons regulations and bag limits must be followed but no license or tag is necessary and you must apply for your leh draws like everyone else.

sarg
07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
x2 good answer.

jeff
07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
one law for all thats just my opinion

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
well spy i do right now hunt just like everyone else, i'm just inquisitive about the native laws/regs. i believe i will continue to hunt like everyone.

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
thanks WOS thats about what i've found out so far

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
If you don't have Status you will hunt like everyone that isn't an option.
wos is misinformed and you are too.

The Dawg
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Indiana_Jones_-_In_Before_The_Lock.gif

pnbrock
07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Why not give me a status card I come from a long line of blue eyed blonde indians.

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
My question is if you don't have a card, why do you want to know? It doesn't affect you.

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
i dont have a problem with hunting normally. just wanted to see whats different between the two hunting reg's, i'm still going to hunt normally. i believe in putting my $ towards preserving our game and the land they use.

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
i'm 100% getting my status card, just waiting for it lol

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Why not give me a status card I come from a long line of blue eyed blonde indians.
same here lol

Spy
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
well spy i do right now hunt just like everyone else, i'm just inquisitive about the native laws/regs. i believe i will continue to hunt like everyone.

Awesome! But I think you just opened up a "Can Of Worms"!

elkdom
07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
i'm 100% getting my status card, just waiting for it lol

upon receiving your SC, inquire with your FN Band office, there you will get the facts,,,,

lilhoss
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Different bands in different areas of the province have different rules as per their treaty arrangements.I would contact the MOE office via email and ask them directly.I think that the "Part" of native status,eg 1/8 of 1/4 might play into it,maybe the fact that you don't belong to an active band under treaty,etc,etc.The crew at the MOE have always given good information or they may put you in contact with someone who will.Keep digging though,I think you get cheap gas,smokes,tuition fees,tax breaks on new vehicles,etc,etc,Almost a golden ticket!

.330 Dakota
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Thats refreshing,,,thank you.

Livewire322
07-05-2011, 08:35 PM
one law for all thats just my opinion
Agreed

Here here x3

HUSKER
07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Different bands in different areas of the province have different rules as per their treaty arrangements.I would contact the MOE office via email and ask them directly.I think that the "Part" of native status,eg 1/8 of 1/4 might play into it,maybe the fact that you don't belong to an active band under treaty,etc,etc.The crew at the MOE have always given good information or they may put you in contact with someone who will.Keep digging though,I think you get cheap gas,smokes,tuition fees,tax breaks on new vehicles,etc,etc,Almost a golden ticket!

thank you so much. i will be looking in to it

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I think once you get your card you can only use a bow and arrow.
Traditional use.

Spy
07-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I think once you get your card you can only use a bow and arrow.
Traditional use.

LOL You forgot about the Pit lamp for those dark nights!:wink:

pappy
07-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Its just like WOS said. For hunting on crown land you don't have to buy a license or tags and general open season rules apply and you need to draw leh just like eveyone else. On your specific band territory you have to follow their rules,you will need get permission from another band's cheif and/or council to hunt on the other bands land. I have talked to the C/O from FSJ and Fort Nelson. Look into it for yourself and talk to the local bands to be clear on what they do in your area, the C/O's will say the same thing as WOS said. Not being fully native will make the natives not like you and having a status card will make the white boys cry:)

Spy
07-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Its
Not being fully native will make the natives not like you and having a status card will make the white boys cry:)
!
I tell you what does make the "White Boys"Cry is the hint of racism in that statement!!!!:(

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Who cares? No one knows.

Spy
07-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Who cares? No one knows.

I Do !!!!!:-?

Jelvis
07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You say you do, well if you know tell us?

Spy
07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
You say you do, well if you know tell us?

I normally understand you Jell!:confused:But you Edit your post to say "Nobody Knows" "Tell Us!" Tell us What???:confused::confused: