PDA

View Full Version : Elk in zone 7-20 + A

alfleslie
07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey got an antlerless Elk tag in the draw and have never been up there before or hunted an Elk for that matter.
Just wondering if anybody has any stories or advice?

d6dan
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
There is a thread on this, but I can't find it.:?.
The biggest hurdle is permission on private land. Get that and know where the elk are feeding and you should do good.Theres some areas on crown land to hunt also. I went last year in Feb to Chetwynd and was successful..

moosinaround
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Like shooting fish in a barrel! A gimmee hunt! Easy peasy Japanesee!! ;)! Moosin

elkdom
07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Like shooting fish in a barrel! A gimmee hunt! Easy peasy Japanesee!! ;)! Moosin

yup! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy like shootin fish in a barrel ! yup,yup yup :?

moosinaround
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM
yup! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy like shootin fish in a barrel ! yup,yup yup :?
Phew, thanks for the back up Elkdom! Don't want folks thinkin its too easy!:)

elkdom
07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Phew, thanks for the back up Elkdom! Don't want folks thinkin its too easy!:)

lol, some times day after day and even for weeks on end, dodge the damm things everywhere I drive in late winter,
I can see elk, morning, noon and at dusk here in 7-20a,

a friend shows up with a late LEH elk tag and ????? ,,,,,

the next morning you cant find an elk , or even a fresh track for the next 7 days, wtf ?,

MURPHY'S LAW,,,,,,:-|

moosinaround
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I hear ya!! Or you go up there in the middle of the winter and it decides to warm up to +8 and rain for 2 days!! Then drop to -18 and snow 3 feet!! All in 4 days!! Fackin Peace country! Why do I always go back up there??!! Stubborn, stupid? not quite sure! Dam elk, I hate them!! Moosin

PS see ya up there in Sept again this year!!;)

elkdom
07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I hear ya!! Or you go up there in the middle of the winter and it decides to warm up to +8 and rain for 2 days!! Then drop to -18 and snow 3 feet!! All in 4 days!! Fackin Peace country! Why do I always go back up there??!! Stubborn, stupid? not quite sure! Dam elk, I hate them!! Moosin

PS see ya up there in Sept again this year!!;)

not worth it spending the gas money, stay home! save money! read some threads on HBC!, etc,etc, lol

ALL ELK DEAD!, in zone 7-20a, wolves, tics, traffic collisions,etc,:wink:

.300WSMImpact!
07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
not worth it spending the gas money, stay home! save money! read some threads on HBC!, etc,etc, lol

ALL ELK DEAD!, in zone 7-20a, wolves, tics, traffic collisions,etc,:wink:

hey thanks for saving me the time, I was coming up there, now with your information I am going to stay home and just watch elk videos, to think of the money I will save

alfleslie
07-06-2011, 02:31 PM
There is a thread on this, but I can't find it.:?.
The biggest hurdle is permission on private land. Get that and know where the elk are feeding and you should do good.Theres some areas on crown land to hunt also. I went last year in Feb to Chetwynd and was successful..

Thanks I'll look into it

d6dan
07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks I'll look into it

Shoot me a PM.