PDA

View Full Version : 5-04 b,c leh draw

gorillaboy
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi y'all i am fortunate enough to be drawn for moose in 5-04 b,c for the october hunt. i have never hunted this area before and was wondering if anyone had any friendly pointers. i'm not looking for anyone's honey holes, just some general advice. we would like to stay in cabins so any info on cabins in the are would be greatly appreciated. thanks

srupp
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
hmmm send me a Pm with your Ph #..and I will call.....

congrads on the draw..

cheers

Steven

Ike
07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Steven, make sure to give hime the SECOND best locations in the area ;)

srupp
07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
LOL hmmm Ike WHO??? cant remember having COFFEE with anyone named Ike...

wait...wait....there was this guy who spent a lot of time on his roof..replacing it.....naaaaaaaawwww gotta be a different friend named IKE..

lol Brad...now back to WORK...hmmm whats that noise sounds like a FLOODING RIVER...OOOOOOPS..

cheers

Steven

ps dont worry I have everyone down names numbers and locations....somehow this year I dont think there will be a second best..should be a great moose year,,

sr

Ike
07-05-2011, 09:44 AM
LOL hmmm Ike WHO??? cant remember having COFFEE with anyone named Ike...

wait...wait....there was this guy who spent a lot of time on his roof..replacing it.....naaaaaaaawwww gotta be a different friend named IKE..

lol Brad...now back to WORK...hmmm whats that noise sounds like a FLOODING RIVER...OOOOOOPS..

cheers

Steven

ps dont worry I have everyone down names numbers and locations....somehow this year I dont think there will be a second best..should be a great moose year,,

sr

LOL, that's because you are never around when I pass through your town.....one day.

(Sorry to hijack your thread gorillaboy (pm sent with some area info for you) - Now back to our regularly scheduled programming)

It is going to be a great moose year!

Cheers

bcfirefly
07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
so your the reason I didn't get my first choice LEH draw!!! We access the area from Relay Creek off of Goldbridge. Horseback, sticking to the southern most portion of the region. Normally moose all over the place but got skunked last year. I go in nov 1 for my 2nd choice LEH.

srupp
07-05-2011, 03:47 PM
man that late season can be brutal if an early snow...thats an exellent location limited access..and a very healthy moose poulation..

cant think of anything that should have screwed that up last fall??? weather?? traffic?? hmmm..

I fondly remember some flights in that Relay Creek..and some BIG deer..as well as some reasonably nice calies..

late season Nov- its ALL about the GRUB....and cover..

srr

Merch
07-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Gorillaboy - I have the draw as well (Oct 15-31st), Is yours the first half or second half of the month?

gorillaboy
07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
merch

my draw is the first half. oct 1 - 15 have you hunted there before? are you camping or staying in cabins.

bcfirefly
07-12-2011, 10:00 AM
we were very surprised to be skunked for the first time in years at that location last year. It is starting to get popular but still very limited b/c you have to have horses. 2 years ago it took us 18 hours to go 20 kms as we got caught in a snow storm ... it was an adventure and put a few character marks on the trucks.
Were are guys staying in cabins that way?
I'll dig out a few pics of one of the trips here when i get home.

Merch
07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Havent hunted 5-04, but had a hunt just north of there last year. Dont know where were staying yet, if we can find a cabin i'd consider that.

bcfirefly - Did you horseback in from the south or drive in from the north? it looks like most of the area should have access with a truck unless i'm missing something...

bcfirefly
07-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Merch - horseback only to the areas we go. Access is via Relay creek up from Goldbridge. its right on the border of 5-04 and region 3