PDA

View Full Version : Parsnip River

08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I'll be heading up north next month for my bull moose leh in 7-23.I've never been there before and would very much appreciate any info you might have on this are, specially regarding FSR's and access. Thanks.

Blacktail
08-24-2006, 08:47 PM
IF you go in by Bear Lake you drive through 7-16 and cross over the Parsnip
The road splits........take the right split and go up and over the hill
On the other side of the hill is a huge swamp and some newer cuts further in.

If you go up around where the Anzac meets the Parsnip further north then carry on and keep going up the ansac drainage.

lip_ripper00
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
where in 7-23 A B C or D (they split it up this year) I have a bull draw in 7-23 B

jessbennett
08-24-2006, 10:32 PM
i cant quite remember the borders but if your draw is in the hamenka river area your golden. hopefully you have a boat? i was up there during the calf season last year and man...... we called in 4 mature bulls to the rivers edge the smallest one was probably 50 inches ir so..... couple of old neat trappers cabins along the river to stay in if need be... good luck:)

08-24-2006, 11:57 PM
My draw is for 7-23D

4pointhunter
08-25-2006, 01:24 AM
i was there the last week of sept. few years ago we turned off at the bear lake store, when we got to the bridge just before the 4 way intersection part of our group camped just beside the bridge and we camped on the other side, it would be the left turn at the 4 way we built an A frame down there but i hear it is torn down now, we hung a block off the bridge and pulled our moose up to skin and quarter with the truck worked great.
we were there for 3 days, 5 moose shot on the road to the right and we got ours on the road that goes straight lots of big bulls in there!! not much for deer or imatures though, one of my friends went back last year he shot a big bull the first day but stayed so the rest of the group could look around for imatures, they seen big bulls every day but no imatures.
i don't know if we were in a/b/c it was just one area then but either way i don't think you will have a problem filling your tag.

mapguy
08-25-2006, 06:24 AM
moose from renolds creek to missinka river

lip_ripper00
08-25-2006, 08:43 AM
zone D of 7-23 is the Missinka river good luck

Schmaus
08-25-2006, 10:01 AM
I was out fishing at Wicheeta Lake a couple of weeks ago. That is just before you hit the parsnip to go into 7-23 (I'm not sure what zone). I seen a nice whitetail buck and 7 elk just on the main road going in. Just to give you something else to think about. One of the guys I work with has a couple of draws for 7-23 I don't know which zone, they got one moose on opening day (Aug 15) he was bitchin because his zone only has one road through it and it isn't very big. Anyway i'm sure you'll be rockin if you come up the last couple weeks of September. Just bring a good map so you know where all the boundries are. The game wardens seem to watch the backroads behind Bear Lake quite a bit.

08-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Lipripper thanks and good luck up there.

mainland hunter
08-27-2006, 08:18 AM
kill a bear for colbert, im sure you kmow there listed #1 on his threat down.