PDA

View Full Version : Pack reccomendations for father and son

willyqbc
07-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok, so Tank, THE BEAST and i are looking at some hunts in the next year or so that will require packing in for a week or so and hauling the critters out on our backs and I need some help choosing a set of packs for myself and the beast. Tank allready has an Eberlestock dragonfly that I really like and am leaning towards (really like the scabbard on it)....any thoughts on this pack?

Now the tougher question......a pack for my 11 year old son. Who makes a good pack for a smaller person? He would probably only need to have his pack be about 35#'s for now but something that would grow with him for at least a while would be nice. He is about 5' 4" right now but obviously does not have the width in his shoulders and hips that an adult would have......any thoughts??

Thanks
Chris

Leaseman
07-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I think Michael should fork a few bucks Dads way so Dad can afford a bigger pack and Michael just needs to worry about his rifle........:mrgreen:.... sorry Chris, couldn't resist......:wink:

Mike

(p.s..... tell Michael to "bulk up" some if he wants to fight dinos this fall!!)

swampthing
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Get him an eberlestock too.

todbartell
07-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I'd suggest a Badlands Sacrifice

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-4156-1266062379.jpg

very light (3.5 lbs empty) with internal frame. I've had 25 lbs in mine and it packed very well. I'm sure 40 lbs wouldn't be unreasonable. Expands to 3500 cu

$299. Lifetime warranty and a great day pack for when he's older

Big Lew
07-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Unless the young fellow is above average physically, 35# is a bit much for any distance, especially over hill and dale. You don't want to get him discouraged so he doesn't want to go again. Keep it to 25# max for the first trip, and then he will determine how much he can carry on the next trip.