PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 Moose /grizzly help...

srupp
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
:mrgreen:I have been blessed with so much help from this site...and I APPRECIATE it all..

If anyone has pulled a Cariboo...Region 5 moose tag or grizz tag and needs any suggestions....or if I can be of any help please E-mail me..PM..

Some of the areas get "HIT" by first nations" day and night...:icon_frow some areas have exellent early season moose..ie small lakes and drainages..but slow down for the rut..or the moose have a slight change in area...

Logging has resumed in some areas...and have impacted the moose hiding holes..no trees left..

Heck I even have a ATV pull trailer if someone needs to borrow it to drag out their bullwinkle..no problem..

For the grizz hunters..their are some special preperations for coastal bears to BE ready..

whatever I can do to help..

cheers and GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Steven

Leaseman
07-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Got any help for me Bro'......:wink::mrgreen:

lip_ripper00
07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Got any help for me Bro'......:wink::mrgreen:

What? you want it gutted and skinned in the back of the truck?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

srupp
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes for Leaseman..I will gut it and skin it and put it in the back of his truck...and then butcher it according to his requirements..and grind and make burger and even some sausage..I am truly lucky to have friends like Mike...he's waited over 20 years of NILS to get a Cariboo moose LEH draw..in a pretty decent area...Ive had it "paid forward" over and over and over....its my turn to help out....practice your shooting Mike... in under 90 days its the Bullwinklle show...

cheers

Steven

07-04-2011, 03:40 PM
... in under 90 days its the Bullwinklle show...

cheers

Steven

After all the big sturgon he has put you on your only gonna find him a bulwinkle !?!?!?
just kidding,
Good on ya Srupp for pointing us in the right direction and helping out where you can.

steve7mm
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
i got a moose draw for region 5-5 any suggestions where to go i never been there? Got it on my second choice surprisingly a few tips would be great!

south island hunter
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
My group and i got two bulls in 5-13b. We will be staying at the tzenzaicut lake resort.This will be my first moose hunt as i just started hunting last year is there any deer in this area mulie or white tail.I got a nice island black tail last year and two black bears this year and am very excited for this hunt any help would be good help. Thank You

pg83
07-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey Steven can you help me get the MoE to open Grizz in the interior of Region 5? :D

You are a shining example of what is great about this site. Keep up the great work!

bobber1271
07-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Thats great Steven. I'm a first year hunter and my dad been hunting for years but north of PG. I drew 5-2b and my dad drew 5-2a. We were thinking of going up by Horsefly river area. I have heard the fishing in the river can be great. We will be hunting with atv's and 13' boat. Any suggestion on this area or others in the region would be much appreciate. Thanks again Steven.

adamgarbett
07-04-2011, 07:02 PM
i drew 5-09a grizz. sent you a pm! look forward to hearing back from you!

thanx

Adam

srupp
07-04-2011, 07:10 PM
lmao....its not gonna be THAT big of a bullwinkle...(still havnt seen that 11 foot sturgeon,,OOOPS )

guys that PM me please include a ph # I will call on my dime ...its much easier than my typing...

Steve 7mm suprisingly thats one of the better areas AT TIMES..what is your dates??

South island hunter HIGHLY RECOMENDED area...camped at the lake also great results/great fishing also.....

pg83 for reasons I dont want to say publically...that IS one area that WILL eventually open to fall interior grizzly hunting COUNT ON IT...Ill explain one on one...

bobber1271..well one of those is a great choice..lol it would be my second choice in 50,000 sq kms of the Cariboo..the horsefly river fishing is AWESOME...this fall the ice may have even melted from last winter lol

Like I said PLEASE send a ph # and I WILL call everyone that asks with what I have learned of 30 years of hunting and fishing the Cariboo...makes these hard to come by LEH'S less of a steep learning curve...and hopefully will help..

one of the Cariboo LEH'S for moose thats a"secret squirrill honeyhole " area I called 14 bulls in to the lake in 5 days..we got 2 bulls...I know 8 of the 10 folks that got the draw!!!!! .... will be interesting

cheers

Steven

srupp
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Adam yes I was just reading my e-mails (Ive been gone for 14 days flyfishing )remember to PM me a ph #..

as for Leaseman..." A FRIEND WILL HELP YOU MOVE...

A GOOD FRIEND WILL HELP YOU MOVE A BODY...(EVEN A MOOSE BODY)

CHEERS

sTEVEN

Sundance1972
07-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Couple friends and I got a shared hunt for 5-02B, last two weeks of October.
Can you be bribed with smoked salmon and halibut (hopefully this coming week-end goes well out in Port Renfrew) for a couple pointers?? :)

srupp
07-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Sundance1972 ............. hmmm good draw..bit late the rut truly has its advantages...however knowing what the moose do after sex..I mean the rut..lol...there are a couple of great camping /hunting spots..and that area doesnt have "issues"..

send a Pm with ph #

steven

Leaseman
07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Adam yes I was just reading my e-mails (Ive been gone for 14 days flyfishing )remember to PM me a ph #..

as for Leaseman..." A FRIEND WILL HELP YOU MOVE...

A GOOD FRIEND WILL HELP YOU MOVE A BODY...(EVEN A MOOSE BODY)

CHEERS

sTEVEN

Make sure that moose body has the 60" rack you have been growing for me....:wink::mrgreen:

Foxton Gundogs
07-05-2011, 11:17 AM
:mrgreen:I have been blessed with so much help from this site...and I APPRECIATE it all..

If anyone has pulled a Cariboo...Region 5 moose tag or grizz tag and needs any suggestions....or if I can be of any help please E-mail me..PM..

Some of the areas get "HIT" by first nations" day and night...:icon_frow some areas have exellent early season moose..ie small lakes and drainages..but slow down for the rut..or the moose have a slight change in area...

Logging has resumed in some areas...and have impacted the moose hiding holes..no trees left..

Heck I even have a ATV pull trailer if someone needs to borrow it to drag out their bullwinkle..no problem..

For the grizz hunters..their are some special preperations for coastal bears to BE ready..

whatever I can do to help..

cheers and GOOD LUCK TO ALL....

Steven

Old School CLASS ACT!!

sarg
07-05-2011, 11:38 AM
we've got a moose draw for 5-02a(oct1-14) and a doe draw for oct, always see cow calf in there but never a bull, but they must be there with all thou calf running around.lol:)

srupp
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
pm sent sarg...love your game plan..absolutley perfect...

cheers
Steven

srupp
07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
lol @ Leaseman....mmmm Mike..if its got balls ..it falls...ya cant eat the rack...

will get out later in the later summer and clear some trails and cut the blowdowns into the "area" wink wink..

scout for moose and deer and bear...and fine tune the camp spot..

Dont want to show too much interest in a specific location while the Spet gang is running around..

Oct 1-15 draw has HUGE advantages...you dont go to da moose da moose he comes to you...

60 " moose in the Cariboo..are as common as Stanley cups in Vancouver.................................oops hope that doesnt hurt Nicks feelings??lol

cheers

Steven...

ps currently bundling up some stuff for you....

PS keep a extra salmon for the trip up..Im not making the Terrace run this year Joe had some bad luck and found a job..lol..

steven

Leaseman
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
If the water levels ever drop down here we will see what we can do with bringing you up some form of "fish".....:mrgreen:

The Stanley cup was in vancouver so does that me you will guarantee at least 50"s......:mrgreen:

srupp
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I hear "poached STURGEON is pretty good...bigger steaks too..

Susan and I are headed to Vancouver in August..maybe will get out for a day of flyfishing for salmon??

Talked with Phil today...he still has plans for a sturgeon trip with you sometime first 2 weeks of Oct..Im busy..lol

cheers

Steven

ps the CUP being in vancouver is like kissing your sister...not quite the same....

lol

srupp
07-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I have done all the requests for information ie last years fires roads out camping locations RECENT first nation isssues....and seasonal game movement..etc etc..each request has its sheet and info and the printed request along with the contact phone #..too many to even try typing..I feel I can do 3-4 per day(evening..) all done in week and a half..lol..

cheers

Steven

srupp
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Ravensfoot.& Mike boer and & Bows up please send pm with ph #s..didnt get em or they are in a pile here..lol

steven

papaken
07-15-2011, 10:46 PM
We got a Oct. 15 moose draw for 5-12A. Will pm you. Thx papaken

polaris rider
07-15-2011, 11:17 PM
sent you a PM steven about my LEH in 5-15A

Gord

polaris rider
07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
hi Steven....had a real nice chat with you..thx very much for your insight

i went out and picked up a "SPOT" today

Gord

coglark
07-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the phone call, Steve. Talking with you for the first time, and it seems like we're old buddies:) Picking up my SPOT tomorrow as well

srupp
07-17-2011, 11:36 AM
lol it is always nice to meet new memebers..

I will need to make a change starting today..PLEASE contact me via phone..as I JUST used our entire months phone time...500 minutes on this site with grizz..moose deer and sheep help....3 full days of speaking with 26 hunters and leaving messages with 9 more..

cheers

Steven