PDA

View Full Version : Atv use

BCBRAD
07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Looking through the regulation synopsis I can not find any reference to ATV use, except for closed areas.
It has been known that ATV use was restricted 'X' hours after sun up . I find know reference to this in the 2011 Reg's /synopsis.
What is the law on this and where can I find it?

Tienis
07-03-2011, 09:56 AM
What are you looking for....

BCBRAD
07-03-2011, 09:58 AM
what times of day can you use an ATV for hunting and where is it referenced in the regulation

elkdom
07-03-2011, 10:03 AM
what times of day can you use an ATV for hunting and where is it referenced in the regulation

the "hours of use ATV restrictions" is no longer part of the Wildlife regulations,,,

Tienis
07-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't think their is any...only concern or restriction that I can think of is the use of it on private land, I will also like to know...

BCBRAD
07-03-2011, 10:04 AM
so does that mean ATV use has no hour restrictions in open areas?

Ron.C
07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I searched the regs using the Keyword "ATV" and it never made any mention of time restrictions.

Use it the same way you use your vehicle in open areas, as long as you hold 2mil liability, you'll be fine.

6.5x55
07-03-2011, 10:45 AM
check out page 73 region 7A restricted hours of use in MU's 7-7 to 7-15 also similar restrictions in some MU's in region 5

Krico
07-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Page 93 for 7A. Still time restrictions in place.

lilhoss
07-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Was 10 am in region 5,and I still think it is in many places.Now you guys have me wasting more time trying to look it up,geez...:-D

lilhoss
07-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Was 10 am in region 5,and I still think it is in many places.Now you guys have me wasting more time trying to look it up,geez...

Yup, 4 am to 10 am in some areas of Region 5. Found it under "Access Management",each region is different so check out your area before going.

BillyBull
07-03-2011, 11:19 AM
If you look at page 58 under Access Mgmt for Region 5 you will see that ATV and Snowmobiles have a black square symbol box that is then matched to the various regional sections e.g. where 5-2 does not have closed times, but 5-3 5-4 5-5 5-6 all have the reference to 4:00 - 10:00 am. When checking the regs you need to look at the way they write the symbol key codes and match to the individual regional entries.

BCBRAD
07-03-2011, 11:33 AM
There doesn't appear to be any restrictions on time of day in region 6, am i correct or is there some obscure passage that I have missed?

M.Dean
07-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I had a few hunters up on the 171 road in 7-42 I think it is, they came into my camp and asked why I rode my Quad at first light? I told them I was a ass hole and didn't care about what the Regs said! A day later the CO's pulled me over bright and early on the Quad, I BS'ed with them, showed them my Rifle etc, and I asked if they were called out? He said there was some complaints about someone riding during closed hours. But, if you read the Regs properly, thats only in certain area's and certain trails! So, all the A holes that were giving me shit could have rode there Quads too! I never did tell the guys, and the CO's didn't either, they said if they can't read the Reg's right, piss on them! Unless stated in the Regs, there is no time restriction or Area restrictions in place!!! If in doubt, E-mail the CO's in the area you plan to hunt, like I do!

frenchbar
07-03-2011, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=M.Dean;942687]I had a few hunters up on the 171 road in 7-42 I think it is, they came into my camp and asked why I rode my Quad at first light? I told them I was a ass hole and didn't care about what the Regs said!

hahahahaha right on m dean .

Tienis
07-03-2011, 02:13 PM
thanks for the pointers...I find it interesting that they differentiate between "Motor Vehicle for Hunting Closed Areas" and "ATVs for for Hunting Closed Areas"...and Snowmobiles for that matter...aren't they all Motor Vehicle for Hunting?

BCBRAD
07-03-2011, 02:53 PM
I had a few hunters up on the 171 road in 7-42 I think it is, they came into my camp and asked why I rode my Quad at first light? I told them I was a ass hole and didn't care about what the Regs said! A day later the CO's pulled me over bright and early on the Quad, I BS'ed with them, showed them my Rifle etc, and I asked if they were called out? He said there was some complaints about someone riding during closed hours. But, if you read the Regs properly, thats only in certain area's and certain trails! So, all the A holes that were giving me shit could have rode there Quads too! I never did tell the guys, and the CO's didn't either, they said if they can't read the Reg's right, piss on them! Unless stated in the Regs, there is no time restriction or Area restrictions in place!!! If in doubt, E-mail the CO's in the area you plan to hunt, like I do!

I like you already.............

elkdom
07-03-2011, 04:10 PM

now you can be yourself ALL day from sunup until dark, in Reg 7B the hours of ATV restrictions was dropped several years ago in 7B,,,

Hunterguy
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Seeing how we are on the subject of road allowances for atv's anyone know if they allow you on the gold creek rd or tee-pee fsr with a 2 million liability? Kootneys
4-3 .