PDA

View Full Version : Christian Valley anyone?

VanIslandGuy
07-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello fellow hunters. Thinking about making a trip to Christian Valley this fall. I haven't hunted up there for 5-6 years and was curious if there is still plenty of whitetails around? Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance

sarg
07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
i dont about christian valley but rock creek has a s**t load of them,i would think christian valley would have lots to, i have heard good things about christian valley.

Fisher-Dude
07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
The Indians set up camp and shot ~300 deer out of the CV last August. Who knows how many they lost on top of that. There were lots around, 'til that.

blaker_99
07-01-2011, 07:48 PM
The valley is still very heavily hunted and the calibre of bucks have gone down considerably in the past 6 years. If you're looking for coyotes it's the place to be during calving seasons. Good luck

Brambles
07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
The Indians set up camp and shot ~300 deer out of the CV last August. Who knows how many they lost on top of that. There were lots around, 'til that.

But there are no conservation concerns....

Fisher-Dude
07-01-2011, 08:55 PM
But there are no conservation concerns....

No, there aren't, as WTs are extremely prolific and rebound quickly. But, they will take a year or two to get thick as flies on a pile of dog shit again after getting thumped like that.

papaken
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
3 years ago I counted over 200 WT while driving between Osoyoos and Grandforks. If you can count that many while driving on the highway I would assume there are a lot more in the bush.

gutpile
07-02-2011, 12:31 AM

Why would the Indians shoot that many deer ? whos counting ?

pnbrock
07-02-2011, 07:45 AM
whos counting ,whos gonna stop them?

VanIslandGuy
07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Nobody, not us and not the government. Its been proved in the past with the fraser river fishery and plenty of other examples as well. The do what they want and get what ever they want. Time for General Custard dayz...... just joking..... or am I

Barracuda
07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Nobody, not us and not the government. Its been proved in the past with the fraser river fishery and plenty of other examples as well. The do what they want and get what ever they want. Time for General Custard dayz...... just joking..... or am I

you might want to rethink that

chinookkiller
07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
september and november is a good place for hunt ,but if you go october ,you will see lots of hunters than the deer.

bmw_hockey
07-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I also heard the Gov went with helicopters around osoyoos and killed hundreds of WT Deer, too many, good for the natives, as long as they use the meat legally and feeds their family.

pnbrock
07-02-2011, 11:34 AM
I would love to hear more about the gov shooting deer from a chopper. No to shooting wolves from air I doubt they would get a green light over deer!

mark
07-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I also heard the Gov went with helicopters around osoyoos and killed hundreds of WT Deer, too many, good for the natives, as long as they use the meat legally and feeds their family.

I would love to hear more about the gov shooting deer from a chopper. No to shooting wolves from air I doubt they would get a green light over deer!

X2.... sounds like some BS to me!

Fisher-Dude
07-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Where the hell did you hear that?

gutpile
07-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Why is the bag limit then one deer per hunter use to be two per hunter ten years a go.

LYKTOHUNT
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Where the hell did you hear that?

I heard they used napalm and then so they would not come back they sprayed it with liberal doses of agent orange.Just sayen, its what I heard I,m sure its got to be the truth.

bmw_hockey
07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
from someone that would not lie, where he got the news I am not sure.

one thing for sure, those WT are not going away any time soon, they are very "Skidish"

the Synapsis says they are the hardest of all the Deer species to harvest.

ItsGrouseTalk
07-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Me and my dad got our buck in October during the open season for does.... We went back for the youth season in November and saw 2 does and a fawn in 4 days of hunting. Thats all. We didnt get our deer. We heard the natives cleaned out about 200 - 300 deer and 50 - 100 elk. They just opened fired with semi-automatics. Theres still alot of deer in that area but its well hunted. Good luck for the future!

monasheemountainman
07-03-2011, 08:35 PM
still lots of whiteys!

Ruger4
07-04-2011, 07:02 AM
have a drive through coffee/donut stand, you'll easily pay for your trip and you'll get to meet a lot of nice people !! :mrgreen:

Ruger4
07-04-2011, 07:04 AM
thats ridiculous , both points............

phoenix
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
There are NO deer there at all, never have been, never will be:cry: I would just drive right past and go to the EK:mrgreen:
Kim

aggiehunter
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
No sense going to the Ek cause I's a heard tell the native;s went in and shot 325 whitetails in July last year....heard tell it was true too..a guy that knew a guy's friend that worked at the Dairy Queen heard it from his cousin...a relative of FD's.

Singleshotneeded
07-04-2011, 12:05 PM
What I heard is that the indians last November exterminated every ungulate in the mainland of B.C., and turned
most of it into pemmican! South of PG all that's left is a few deer on Texada and Vancouver Islands. So now
you know, if you want to hunt successfully this year you'll have to go to northern B.C.! I got this reliable info
from an indian that inhales Lysol in Rutland Park, Kelowna, and I know he's honest cuz he backed up Ron Derrickson
when the former chief had his Pier Pub and house burnt down for the insurance money, and claimed the fires
were accidental. So I know Running-with-Lysol wouldn't lie! You want game, you'll have to go to northern B.C.! :-)

Fisher-Dude
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
My source is solid. He spoke directly to the Indians that were exercising their traditional methods. They were quite proud of their harvest numbers.

aggiehunter
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Expounding numbers always gets whitie goin'...............'fraid your source is wrong!

mark
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
What I heard is
from an indian that inhales Lysol in Rutland Park, Kelowna, and I know he's honest cuz he backed up Ron Derrickson
when the former chief had his Pier Pub and house burnt down for the insurance money, and claimed the fires
were accidental. So I know Running-with-Lysol wouldn't lie! You want game, you'll have to go to northern B.C.! :-)

So funny and true....probably didnt investigate that one either....no, that would be racist???

Ruger4
07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Expounding numbers always gets whitie goin'...............'fraid your source is wrong!

please explain expounding and whitie please ?

rtm
07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
well i don't know about anyone Else's sources but i've seen first hand what those hide scrapers were doin on the west side of okanagan lake with the moose, its discusting!!!!!! i'm all for them shooting what they need to feed their family, but when i see them doin 140 past me with a 40 of lysol on the seat and shootin everything in sight and only takin the hind quarters! i say there should be an open season on all there tires until they get the point.

.300WSMImpact!
07-04-2011, 06:36 PM
IBTL

lots of deer in the christian valley, the people that say there is not a lot of deer there dont want you there, but there is a lot of hunters too, personally i dont hunt the christian valley I stay away from the big hunter numbers,

doubled
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Was there this past weekend. Ran into a 6pt elk, bull moose, 20-30 whiteys and wasn't really even looking for game. Lots of stuff around.