PDA

View Full Version : Hunting partner bailed out on sheep hunt looking for someone to replace him

vip_ruger
07-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Im leaving on the 30 of July from muncho lake and returning on the 14 of Aug.Please PM me if intrested.

madrona sh
07-01-2011, 01:42 PM
RyanB maybe?

vip_ruger
07-01-2011, 01:45 PM
ya the wife says there is no going alone so it leaves me in a tight spot because ive booked a flight all ready

bigwhiteys
07-01-2011, 03:41 PM
That sucks man.... It's okay if a guy can't make it and gives you months in advance notice, but 30 days notice on a fly-in hunt? I'd be a little miffed... These hunts take lots of planning. Hope you find someone.

Carl

bcyukonair
07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
cancel your flight

dropshot
07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I think BiG Boar would be a good candidate as I think Sheep is on his BC to do list this year

Gateholio
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
cancel your flight

hahaha good point

Get a partner squared away soon or be considerate and cancel the flight if you aren't going! :-D

bigneily
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Just my 2 cents here, But arn't you in the least bit concerned as to what sort of partner your going to strum up over the net?. I've met people before who claim they are hunter's , But they are actually nothing more than armed idiot's.Spending two weeks in the backcountry with a dude you hardly know, might be kinda awkward but maybe it's just me. What if you get multiple responses to a "wanted ad" you gonna screen them for compatability ? like a dating service....lol...Just me again but if i was going on such a trip, I think i'de like my partner to be more than someone i just met. Good luck tho...Neil

buford19
07-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey man go in solo if you can afford it, Iam in the same situation, and that was my choice. 12 days solo can,t wait, leave july 29th.

Gateholio
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Just my 2 cents here, But arn't you in the least bit concerned as to what sort of partner your going to strum up over the net?. I've met people before who claim they are hunter's , But they are actually nothing more than armed idiot's.Spending two weeks in the backcountry with a dude you hardly know, might be kinda awkward but maybe it's just me. What if you get multiple responses to a "wanted ad" you gonna screen them for compatability ? like a dating service....lol...Just me again but if i was going on such a trip, I think i'de like my partner to be more than someone i just met. Good luck tho...Neil Good points....I've hunted with several people I've met via intraweb and while some have been guys I want to hunt with every chance I get (like todbartell) some have been guys I wouldn't want to spend a week in the bush with. I "vetted" most of them with 2 day hunts around my house or within a few hours drive and there are a couple I would never hunt with again. On the other hand, a few have been guys that I would hunt with again on short weekend trips and then others I would hunt with anywhere, anytime.

For a 2 week backcountry hunt, I'd want to at least see a picture of the dude 100 yards off a logging road before I considered him. :)

buck nash
07-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Internet dating is a bit of a risk for sure but from the sound of it his trip is screwed if he doesn't get a partner. Plus, as has been said, he could end up hooking up with someone who he will enjoy hunting with. Personally I'd want to at least do as Gatehouse suggested and go on a couple day hunts with them but it doesn't look there'd be time for that.

At least by posting it here he can pre-screen a bit by reading previous posts and looking at pics. Maybe he should be asking applicants for a refference from other members:mrgreen:

vip_ruger
07-02-2011, 08:56 AM
I agree I would like to meet them them and make sure they are able to be away from a road for 2 weeks but time premits right. and i will cancel my flight if i have to and go later on in the season, and for early season might just take the jet boat somewhere. i dont need a crazy mountain man but just someone that has been in the hills for a couple of hunts and that is in shape to have a enjoyable hunt. thanks for all the info and comments.

vip_ruger
07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
money is not the issuse its getting the wife to let me go for a 2 weeks alone

yugo111
07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Im leaving on the 30 of July from muncho lake and returning on the 14 of Aug.Please PM me if intrested.

we are on the same flight as me and my buddy also booked on the 30th on the first flight out

vip_ruger
07-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I found someone to hunt with thanks for the help HBC