PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a sheep hunting partner

ryanb
07-01-2011, 11:31 AM
My partner and I had made plans for a sheep hunt this August for the opener. I booked my holidays, but he had a wedding invitation come up that would mean delaying until 2-3 days after opening day and wasting a week of my vacation. While he's probably choked that I'm looking for someone else to go with now, and I'm choked that plans didn't work out like I'd hoped...it is what it is.

The plan is to take my jetboat up a certain northern river to a specific spot I have very good intel holds lots of sheep. I have never been there before...Full disclosure. We split fuel costs. My estimate is roughly $200-300 per person for fuel for the boat, plus fuel to drive up to the boat launch. You are someone in reasonable-good fitness, and with good ethics (no ground checking!). Please have some experience with backpack hunts, but sheep hunting experience is not required.

If you are an experienced sheep hunter and had a different destination in mind, we can discuss that too. This is a bit of a long shot I realize, with such short notice. I will probably end up going solo on a hike-in hunt if I can't find anyone to go with.

Shoot me a pm or email if you are interested.
Ryan

ryanb
07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Looks like I found someone to go with. Thanks Huntingbc!

bigwhiteys
07-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Good Stuff! I hope it works out for ya!

Carl