PDA

View Full Version : Bag limits

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 03:03 PM
So can you take more than one mule deer? a black tail on the island as well as a mullie in region 3?
or is it 1 deer for the whole province?

My neighbor swears that you are allowed to shoot one in each region. i called him a goof!

and if you get a doe draw can you take a buck as well or just the doe?
So does the LEH count towards your bag limit.

Same for moose?
I got a shared bull moose draw. so could i take a bull on my tag from the draw and then take a spike fork?

I should probably know this but I've been bashed with so many different "opinions"

-Jackson-

Ozone
06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Provincial bag limit is 3 deer (unless in the QCI) see page 16, then see regional bag limits for each region.

06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Are you ready? Because before you get the info you are looking for you will be very confused.

you are aloud three deer in the province of BC
But you have to go to different reigons to do it for the same species.
shoot a white tail and a mulie in region 4 then drive to reigon 3 for another mulie
You cant shoot more then three and you have to folloe the reigonal bag limit for the season.

Barracuda
06-30-2011, 03:28 PM
DEER LICENCES

A person must not possess more than

15 of any current year deer licences. The

combination of deer licences may include a

maximum of 3 mule deer and 3 white-tailed

deer licences.

There are special deer licences (Queen

Charlotte Islands Deer Licences) which

allow hunters to exceed the 2 deer bag

limit for the Skeena Region and the 3 deer

provincial bag limit up to a maximum of 15

deer when hunting on the Queen Charlotte

Islands (MUs 6-12, 6-13). Up to 3 regular

mule deer licences can be used on the

Queen Charlottes, but they will count toward

the regional and provincial bag limits. (For

example, if a mule deer licence is used in

MU 6-12 or 6-13, a hunter will be prevented

from pursuing deer elsewhere in the Skeena

Region, and it will count towards the 3-deer

provincial bag limit).

also look at p16 of regs
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_1012Part1.pdf

tristanmac
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
And no, LEH is not a bonus tag. The LEH is just the authorization to go with your tag you purchase from the store.

sawmill
06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Are you ready? Because before you get the info you are looking for you will be very confused.

you are aloud three deer in the province of BC
But you have to go to different reigons to do it for the same species.
shoot a white tail and a mulie in region 4 then drive to reigon 3 for another mulie
You cant shoot more then three and you have to folloe the reigonal bag limit for the season.

Actually you can take 2 whities in region 4 and 1 mulie.But, yeah only 3 total on the mainland.

Fisher-Dude
06-30-2011, 04:35 PM
So can you take more than one mule deer? a black tail on the island as well as a mullie in region 3?
or is it 1 deer for the whole province?

My neighbor swears that you are allowed to shoot one in each region. i called him a goof!

The goof is right, up to 3 deer provincially.

jml11
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
The goof is right, up to 3 deer provincially.

And under some conditions, all 3 can be from the same region and MU! No shortage of deer opportunities in this province...well unless you hunt in Region 5, but that is a whole different and unfortunate story...

steel_ram
06-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Three deer ttl. (white tail, Blacktail-mule deer) provincially as long as you don't exceed regional bag limits. QCI's are the exception.

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 04:54 PM
what about wolves? page 16 says that there is a provincial bag limit of 3* animals but in some areas it is NBL?

boxhitch
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Both goofs need to read the regs........
.Someone had to say it :)

lilhoss
06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Both goofs need to read the regs........
.Someone had to say it :)

.......:mrgreen: I don't care who ya are,that's funny right thar!

Ozone
06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
what about wolves? page 16 says that there is a provincial bag limit of 3* animals but in some areas it is NBL?

I Beleive its the same as the QCI deer, if you get 3 in a NBL area, you cant go hunt a area with a less than NBL

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I've read the regs many times.
can you take a mule deer buck in region 3 the bag limit is 1 and then take a white tail buck in region 3 as well, and then take a black tail buck on the island?or take a mullie buck and a white tail buck in region three and take an antlerless white tail in region three during the open season from oct 10-31?
wow this is so very confusing!

Ozone
06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
I've read the regs many times.
can you take a mule deer buck in region 3 the bag limit is 1 and then take a white tail buck in region 3 as well, and then take a black tail buck on the island?or take a mullie buck and a white tail buck in region three and take an antlerless white tail in region three during the open season from oct 10-31?
wow this is so very confusing!

Yes, but if you get a LEH antlerless Muledeer in R3, you could then get 2 mule deer in R3

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 05:39 PM
but someone else said that the LEH counted towards your regional bag limit

sarg
06-30-2011, 05:47 PM
it does, in region 2 your aloud 2 buck thou, and all the other regions are 1 buck unless u have a LEH doe draw then your aloud 2 deer and one of them may be antlerless, plus a whitetail.

Ozone
06-30-2011, 05:49 PM
but someone else said that the LEH counted towards your regional bag limit

Look at the map of region 3, on the next page at the top it Says the "Regional Bag Limits". Mule deer is 2, only 1 may be a buck.

sparky300winmag
06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Actually Sawmill , I believe you are mistaken , you can`t take 2 whiteys and a mulie in reg 4 , the bag limit in region 4 is only two deer.

Ghillie
06-30-2011, 06:33 PM
From my understanding about the wolves section is that if it says: "NBL" in that area than it voids the provincial limit. Because if it wasnt meant to void the provincial limit (for that area) wouldn't the bag limit be 3 instead of "NO bag limit" ???

springpin
06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Sparky u are correct. region 4 bag is 2 deer. 1 mulie or 2 whities. Of which 1 whitie must be a buck.

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Look at the map of region 3, on the next page at the top it Says the "Regional Bag Limits". Mule deer is 2, only 1 may be a buck.

ok thanks i missed that thanks very much.
and does antler less mean a doe or just an antlerless buck?

springpin
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Antlerless animal. means a member of the deer family bearing no visiable antlers. The small skin or hair covered protuberances of male fawns and calves do not consitute antlers...read the regs

Ghillie
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Antlerless is antlerless my friend :) meaning if it doesn't have antlers its fair game!

I think!

~T-BONE~
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Antlerless is antlerless my friend :) meaning if it doesn't have antlers its fair game!

I think!

Identify it and try to get a doe thou... you want some meat right?

Livewire322
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Antlerless animal. means a member of the deer family bearing no visiable antlers. The small skin or hair covered protuberances of male fawns and calves do not consitute antlers...read the regs
again I've read the regs. I HAVE READ THE REGS!! they are very ambiguous unfortunately.

I think!
Assumptions are bad!!!!

Ozone
06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
again I've read the regs. I HAVE READ THE REGS!! they are very ambiguous unfortunately.

OK last one, page 3, 4th down is Antlerless Animal

Livewire322
07-01-2011, 01:53 AM

OK last one, page 3, 4th down is Antlerless Animal

you mean the definition that springpin put up in the quote above yours?
yeah well that is the one i stated was ambiguous!
I could mean two things in case you didnt understand the word ambiguous. it could mean a female of the species or an antlerless male so which is it or is it both?

sawmill
07-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Actually Sawmill , I believe you are mistaken , you can`t take 2 whiteys and a mulie in reg 4 , the bag limit in region 4 is only two deer.

Whoops,my bad.Just wishfull thinking after having a friend get nailed by a mulie doe last week.There was a little get together in front of the citty hall and half the people wanted something done about the deer and the other half were seeing double rainbows and chanting and wanting us all to move out of town to restore the town to deer habitat.

Ozone
07-01-2011, 06:28 AM
you mean the definition that springpin put up in the quote above yours?
yeah well that is the one i stated was ambiguous!
I could mean two things in case you didnt understand the word ambiguous. it could mean a female of the species or an antlerless male so which is it or is it both?

It means if the animal has no antlers, you can take it. So both.

Piperdown
07-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Hey Sawmill don't you fine folks in Kimberley have a way to get rid of the Rainbow crowd? Redneck justice sounds good to me :)

Livewire322
07-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Whoops,my bad.Just wishfull thinking after having a friend get nailed by a mulie doe last week.There was a little get together in front of the citty hall and half the people wanted something done about the deer and the other half were seeing double rainbows and chanting and wanting us all to move out of town to restore the town to deer habitat.
Well you could always chase a couple griz onto their property. or feed them real meat.

It means if the animal has no antlers, you can take it. So both.
ok thank you for that!

Ozone
07-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Just so you dont have to ask later, if the deer has antlers but is female, you cut the antlered part of your tag.

250 sav
07-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Better be legal a couple of years I took muley bucks in region 3,5+8

Livewire322
07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
so in region 3 i can take a mule buck in GOS and a white tail buck in the GOS and an antlerless white tail?
just to make sure! should i phone the fish and wildlife?

Ozone
07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
You are correct

07-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Told ya you'd get confused!! :)
dont worry i am too

Fisher-Dude
07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Better be legal a couple of years I took muley bucks in region 3,5+8

You're fine. You done good.

so in region 3 i can take a mule buck in GOS and a white tail buck in the GOS and an antlerless white tail?
just to make sure! should i phone the fish and wildlife?

You can.

Livewire322
07-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Right on guys thanks for the helP