PDA

View Full Version : neoprene boots ?

boxhitch
06-30-2011, 05:42 AM
considering a pair of high top boots the like of Muck or Irish Setter with neoprene uppers.
How durable are these ? Do they break down in the flex areas ?
Are they hot on the feet ?
I currently have a pair of LaCrosse that are what I would call a medium weight, and wear them with Bama sox , but could use something taller sometimes.

Kalum
06-30-2011, 05:52 AM
I've had a pair of muck boots for 2 years and love em. Mainly use them on the river hunts, getting in and out of the boats and tromping around the back channels, but great camp boots as well. They do get warm super fast but that just reminds me to slow down and listen. Great in early season slopy snow as well. I wouldn't recomend going into the alpine with them though I'm sure a few guys on here will:)
No problem with the durability, haven't seen any break down in the flex areas.

Blacktail
06-30-2011, 07:46 AM
I have a pair of Muck Chore with steel toes for work and they are awesome
I also have a pair of woodies with the side zipper for hunting...again really great boots.

they do make your feet a little warmer but I have so far had no problems with neoprene breakdown

BC Boy
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I have the woody max, they are great, but do get hot if your working too hard. Bought mine online from Edmonton, best deal out there.

GoatGuy
06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
no gumboots from the peavey mart in vegreville??

Crazy_Farmer
06-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Muck boots, feet do get warm though.

boxhitch
06-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Lots of heat in any gummie, while water proof.
Thats why the Bama socks are essential
Some neoprene have extra insulation too, but I'm not a fan of that as how the he!! are you supposed to dry them out ?
Maybe ok for weak-end worriers who have all week after a trip.