PDA

View Full Version : Help! Buying archery gear from USA

ALC
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I recently ordered a new string and a T-shirt for a friend. Because of the postal strike, the company sent it UPS from Minnesota. The total cost of the package was $135.00, but the import charges were an additional $56.84. Does anyone know how to avoid giving a Brokerage firm my money (for doing nothing at all productive)?

Bowzone_Mikey
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Al ... I have send stuff back to the dealer with instructions to send via post .... I also have told UPS to f themselves, I have heard of some people refusing to pay the brokerage when UPS delivered to their house and UPS never came back to collect

BC Boy
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I order tons of stuff from the US. I only use USPS, they have a very minimal brokerage fee unlike UPS or Fedex.

bforce750
06-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Ummm...buy local?????

Bow Walker
06-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Yup. Send it back and tell the company to us USPS ONLY when sending stuff to you. I won't do business if the company uses UPS or any other courier.

abbyfireguy
07-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I luckily live in Abbotsford and have a shipping box in Sumas Washington .it literally takes my less than 10 minutes to get there(unless the border is lined up).
Its so fast to get stuff shipped there.No waiting for Canada Customs or Canada Post .
I get stuff for my jetboat, truck parts, hunting stuff and fishing gear sent there. No problems and speedy delivery times.
I also know the correct import taxes(if any) will be applied as I am right there and can answer any questions the customs guy may have about the item.

uraarchr
07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
USPS fees were very reasonable for the bow I had shipped from US.

Riverbc
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I luckily live in Abbotsford and have a shipping box in Sumas Washington .it literally takes my less than 10 minutes to get there(unless the border is lined up).
Its so fast to get stuff shipped there.No waiting for Canada Customs or Canada Post .
I get stuff for my jetboat, truck parts, hunting stuff and fishing gear sent there. No problems and speedy delivery times.
I also know the correct import taxes(if any) will be applied as I am right there and can answer any questions the customs guy may have about the item.

x2.....Ship Happens, in Sumas Washington. Park on Abbotsford side and walk across, unless it's for large items. I've never been charged import tax (NAFTA) but every now and then I get charged HST, but not usually. Customs usually looks at my PayPal or other receipts, and say, "have a nice day."