PDA

View Full Version : Bull Moose 5-13D Nov 1-15, Mule doe 5-13A Oct1-31

coglark
06-28-2011, 08:48 PM
My hunting partner and I have shared doe n moose in 5-13... We were thinking of heading up late in Oct to 5-13D, set up camp and spend a day in 5-13A getting our doe tags filled. After that we would spend a week in 5-13D hunting moose. My question concerns moose populations in the south/north ends of5-13D. Is it worth it to spend a week around the baezaeko river, or head north around the coglistiko river? Anyone been out there lately? Thanks for any input on our first moose hunt

Drillbit
06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
513 D? I only see A B and C on my map. I must be missing something.

Anyways, as far as "the Cog" country and the Bazaeko go there's a couple things you should know. Nakzo is a reserve, and so is Kluskus. I wouldn't set up my camp on the road anywhere between the two places. Also, any moose standing on that road doesn't last too long.

If I knew where D was I could help you out more and suggest somewhere for you to set up.

coglark
06-28-2011, 09:28 PM
"C'.. forgive me. Thanks

Wagonmaster
06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Have gone to 5-13A every year for the last eight years (mostly in the southern portion). A few moose around; not sure about 5-13C. The wolves are thick in 5-13A and the deer population has plummeted. Was pretty good a few years back, but saw very few deer there in the last couple of years. Don't mean to spoil the anticipation of your trip, but them's the facts. Maybe the northern portion is better. I'd spend a couple of days in 5-13A and if the deer sign is sparse, I'd head to 5-13C. Put your time in and hopefully you will be successful. Good luck.

coglark
06-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you, master...if we get a doe great, if not, o well..were going for moose primarily..probably head to the northern portion of 5-13c then.. is that why the odds are good? No moose?

Jagermeister
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you, master...if we get a doe great, if not, o well..were going for moose primarily..probably head to the northern portion of 5-13c then.. is that why the odds are good? No moose?I don't know about moose populations, but the FN population is pretty high in that area. I guess it would be safe to say that most hunters are aware of that and choose to put in elsewhere. From my experience in the area, it appears that the deer migrate toward the Fraser in late fall and it doesn't seem to be dependent on severe weather. I agree that the Euchiniko River area out towards Tiletown and Batnuni would be a good area. The more hunters you have along, the more you can leave in camp to keep an eye on things.

coglark
06-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Sounds like the wild west! Thanx Jag.. I know now