PDA

View Full Version : how to empty a freezer in a hurry

Marc
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Well, with a pending moose this fall I figured it was time to put operation "shart guard" into effect. :mrgreen:

Made up 10 lbs of bear kielbasa over the weekend and plan on deploying it at work in the next day or two to get it's full effect.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/kielbasa.jpg

The Dawg
06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Man I wish I lived closer...that looks gooooooood

Marc
06-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Man I wish I lived closer...that looks gooooooood

It taste amazing, full piece will be gone within minutes when I bring it to work.
This is my third batch of smoked sausages and I've asked my wife to get me a Bradley for Christmas.

fearnodeer
06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Okay now next item up for auction is ( Marc's Sausauge )

nature girl
06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
That looks good. Where the cheese, crackers and beer.

lip_ripper00
06-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Uhhh, Sorry I'm out

huntcoop
06-28-2011, 10:54 PM

......wow :shock:

kuva
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Was it a kit you used for the spices and casings? It looks pretty good for being freezzer meat turned into sausages. yumm.....

GRIZZEZE
06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
do you care to share your recipe?
If it tastes as good as it looks, I need to know how to make it. I too have some bear meat that needs to be made in to sausage

Marc
06-29-2011, 09:19 PM
It was a commercially prepared spice kit and & casings, send me a PM if you want more details.

This mixture was roughly 85% bear 15% beef trimmings from a bull we had slaughtered earlier this spring and the commercially prepared spice kit and casings. The white in the sausage is beef fat, not from the bear.

I lost a couple of the sausages as they didn't bind as well as the others. The ones closer to the heat turned out great but the ones furthest from the heat source were mushy inside and tasted off even though they were finished in the oven. I tried giving them a couple of more hours in the oven to try and get them to bind up but no success. I'll know better next time and rotate the sausages on the racks as I'm smoking them over the 12 hour period.

Hoping to have a Bradley under the tree this Christmas to deal with that issue, as the smoker I have now is just a cheap one from Canadian tire and doesn't get warm enough on it's own to ensure all the nasties are gone in the meat and I have to finish it off in the oven.

todbartell
06-29-2011, 09:24 PM
nobody cares what kind of sausage kit you used, newfie

lip_ripper00
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
nobody cares what kind of sausage kit you used, newfie

You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators

Boy are you lucky:mrgreen:

Gateholio
06-29-2011, 11:42 PM
You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators

Boy are you lucky:mrgreen:

I can....as you are soon to find out. ;)

field marshal
06-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I believe he's from New Brunswick , but close enough, I guess????:mrgreen:
Cheers---Field Marshal.

lip_ripper00
07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I can....as you are soon to find out. ;)

Thanks pal, my first one in 7 years I was trying to keep this profile clean! I am soooo soiled..... worthless. The shame.....!!

FirePower
07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks Marc, you inspired me, cleaned out the freezer last night and shipped about 40lbs of diffrent kinds to my wife's Italian Uncle who is a butcher by trade. He makes amazing sausage. Now nothing to do but wait.