PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done any fishing up at Hatheume Lake?

twr
06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done any fishing up there. whats it like? what do i use? Thanks!!

GoatGuy
06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Good.

Always tough to beat chronomids.

dhog
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
was up there on the 18th road in was good, muddy in spot lots of logging Its fly only chronies in silver and black were working the trollers were doing ok on leeches good luck and tite lines

frenchbar
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Sedges... tom thumbs..should be working ok soon i would think .

twr
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
i was unaware that it was fly's only, i have yet to have a chance to check the regs. thanks for the input guys. they are holding a fishing derby this Saturday for people staying at the resort and what not. so I'm trying to get upper hand from the experts here. lol.

Kelster
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Lots of very nice RB's in that lake, but you need to work for them. Olive & Brown Chronomids worked for me. Try the creek (outfall?) at the far side from the lodge - I saw a cow and calf moose grazing in there last time I was there. Rent a cabin and stay for the weekend - wish I could afford to buy one of those places up there. Nice place to hang out.

Fishhound
06-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Try a bright pink leech or a black and pink one trolled real slow close to the bottom, caught some real big ones doing this a few years back

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Other regs include daily quota of one fish, must be over 50 cm, fly only, bait ban, single barbless.

Haven't fished it myself for a few years but buddy at work catches some good ones in there.

twr
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
I have rented a cabin from Thursday til Sunday. I'm gonna go buy a wack of flys, and I'm sure they will have some to buy at the store as well. heck I'll just be happy if the gf gets a fish. nothing beats watching how excited she gets. it's priceless!!