PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes what to do with them postmortem?

Livewire322
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
where do you take the hides?
can you sell the hides?
what the heck.
im going to kill all the ones i see this year i dont care if im in the middle of a moose hunt i will take the 'yote. theres no more mercy from me, i shall not let any go. :twisted:

BiG Boar
06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Cook em and eat em! I like mine with Franks hot sauce.

Keep the hide and make a scratching post for your new cat.

MillBay
06-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I think, I may be wrong but you have to have a trappers license to sell them and pay Royalties for each hide. Thats the way it was in the old days whern I had a trapping license.

Ghillie
06-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Get a tanning kit and tan some of the nicer pelts that dont have mange and hang em in your trophy room. Cause yes, You do need a trappers license to sell the hides.

Livewire322
06-28-2011, 01:49 PM
oh well that sucks
how do i get a trappers license

Ghillie
06-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Take a trappers course. Just like CORE. Then you need to buy a trappers license($40 for one year $200 for 5), and a fur traders license ($100) and for a furtrader to trade from a place of business in another province its a $400 license.
The Trapper Education Program (TEP) is a 3 day course like the CORE and costs $290.
Everytime you sell a coyote pelt a royalty must be paid of $0.76 cents. I doubt you could find a buyer these days that pays enough or if you could shoot enough to make any profit after taking the TEP and buying your licenses, until your second year doing it.

Foxton Gundogs
06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I think, I may be wrong but you have to have a trappers license to sell them and pay Royalties for each hide. Thats the way it was in the old days whern I had a trapping license.

Just find a trapper who will sell them for you for a slight % happens all the time up north.

Drillbit
06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I give mine to a local trapper. I give him every one I get, and in return, he'll help me skin a cougar or wolf properly if I get one. Don't expect anything for them. Some trappers don't want them, but there has to be one near where you are hunting that'll take them.

I usually get around 20 per year, so over the years I've given quite a few away. And the size of the hole in it doesn't matter, if there's a hole, it loses value, so you can use whatever you want for a rifle.

Dannybuoy
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
No you dont need a trapper's licence to sell coyote hides .... skin em , stretch / flesh and dry them and mail them to a fur seller
I used to send them to Van fur auctions and was one in Edmonton too . Pete (Flesher) would know ...
the auction keeps a royalty fee for the govt. Not alot of money in yotes and its a bit of work but have at er
Oh ya ... sew up the holes :)

Wild one
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Look up NAFA

Livewire322
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
i see that the only depot for BC is in PG.

barry1974w
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
You should be able to ship directly to NAFA, it's just easier to use Wade's services if you're local. You do not need a trappers licence to sell pelts from game animals (if there's a hunting season for them), just fur bearing animals with no hunting season.

scallywag
06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
just took the trapping course in Feb good course lots of good info. I need a line now or some private property that i can do some trapping.

FUR ROYALTY REGULATIONS AND SCHEDULE 4Royalty must be paid by a person to keep
the pelt or skin of a furbearing animal (not raised in captivity) lawfully taken under their TRAPPING licence, unless that person sells the pelt or skin to a licensed fur trader. 4Royalty fee payments may be submitted by mail or courier with cheque (payable
to The Minister of Finance), money order or credit card to: Permit & Authorization Service Bureau, 4th Floor 2975 Jutland Road, PO Box 9372 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9M3 or by fax: 250-387-1814. 4If the pelt or skin of a furbearing animal was lawfully taken under a person’s HUNTING licence, a royalty does not need to be paid, unless that person intends to offer the pelt or skin for sale.

so if you take an animal and want to sell the pelt you pay the royalty but i am a little confused about is that if you take a animal on you trapping licence and want to keep it you have to pay the royalty unless you sell it to a furtrader??

Torch
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I know where the depot is...kinda neat, never seen one before...I like PG, It's like vancouver but less dumb... ;)

Now back to regular programming....

If anyone wants to hunt yotes in PG let me know... We have access to 480acres that could use yote birth control.... Attacking livestock :(

Livewire322
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
i would love to come up but im in college starting september so hunting is going to be on the weekends.
sucks because i got a wicked moose draw in 3-18