PDA

View Full Version : Hunting license info

Gary Robinson
06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I am new to bow hunting. Just recently bought a bow whilst working in South Africa and went on a few hunts. I am now hooked. I have been trying to find info on what I need as far as license, training course's etc... but I am getting a little confused.

Can someone fill me in on what I need?

Bowzone_Mikey
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
no special licence to hunt in BC with a bow ....

I highly reccomend an IBEP course ..... any archery shop worth their weight will have a line on when and where they are held ...

if you dont allready ... you will need a CORE ....course ... or challange ... any hunting shop will have a line on instructors and courses offered

06-28-2011, 01:06 PM
You need your CORE course to hunt in BC. Go to your local fishing/ hunting store and ask about taking it. There is a book you can buy to read through that contains all you need to pass. You can then either take the course or challenge the test, this is where the sporting goods store can help point you where to go.

It will explain the rules and regulations, the tags and liscenses as well as some animal ID.
once you have the CORE you then get your "Hunter number" for passing the test. This is what you use to buy your liscense and tags.
after all this read the hunting regulations ( availible at the sport store) if you still have questions post them here, or PM me.

Good luck there are a lot of guys here with some big info on "how to" that i am sure will help you

Bow Walker
07-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Yes, providing that you don't already have a BC hunting license, you will need to get one by taking the C.O.R.E. course and obtaining a 'hunter number' - using that number you will be able to buy your hunting license and species tags.

Be sure to have the "Bowhunter" box checked on your license.

The Hunting/Trapping regulations list areas that legal for hunting and also areas that are closed. There are areas that are legal for shotgun and/or bow only as well. Read carefully and be sure where you are hunting. Ignorance of the law is no excuse in the eyes of game wardens.