PDA

View Full Version : Puntzi lake moose

NIHunter
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM
As the title says anyone been up there lately any info would be appreciated...

silvicon
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Lots of indian, wolves and others in that area, but no moose.

06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Lots of indian, wolves and others in that area, but no moose.

You sound like a broken record.

Nihunter, I never saw any sign of wolves and no problems with the locals.

NIHunter
06-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I here ya get out and burn some rubber off the boots some people tryin to keep you out of there stomping grounds......thanks again for the help....

akyne
06-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Hopefully Mr. Srupp notices this post, he's typically an excellent source of relevant, up to date information when it comes to the Chilcotin.

Big G Hunter
06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Most of the cutblocks are about 6-8 ft high now and over grown. Can be lots of hunters depending on the time you go so hope you like road hunting.

papaken
06-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Maybe I don't understand the math or the logic but when I look at the numbers for 5-12 A they are tentatively authorizing 480 LEH tags for any bull between Sept. 10 and Nov. 15 2011. If there are no moose there, why would they have any season at all? Would they not be trying to bring the moose back??? I hunted the Chilcotin many years ago and loved the country and never had a trip where we didn't get our moose. 480 tags spread over 2 months is still going to put a lot of hunters out there but I figure put the work in and hope for the best. As for he ones that are totally negative, glad you won't be hunting there and good luck wherever you end up. I would still like to hear from anyone with positive input on the area, the accommodations, and is the fishing any good?
thx papaken

walks with deer
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
my uncle pulled the ticket a few years back we were up ther on sept 10th we hunted 7 days did not see a moose however the weather was the shits however the muley numbers were high in one area and the other area the bush was thick and the local pressure was high.

went back to the muley hole the next season and saw moose and bear around every rock.

suprisingly saw 4 whitetail aswell.

bring a waterfowl tag the lakes are loaded with canadas and mallards and there dumb.

srupp
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
NI HUNTER..sent you a PM.. get me a # I can call and we can chat..my dime..

just working through the grizz and moose and goat and deer Pms yesterday and all day to day.."organizing " and doing some updating..will be able to start returning calls soon...

Cheers

Steven

Dakota
07-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Went up there 3 years ago. LEH odds were good then also, we had 3 moose tags and didn't see anything. No animals or people, just some wild horses. You could not drive any vehicles for hunting purposes back then on some of the roads, maybe thats where the Moose were. Wouldn't go back there again.