PDA

View Full Version : vandalized while fishing

steelballs
06-27-2011, 08:11 PM
while me,my gal and son where out fishing on french lake by deka lake. I would like to thank the person whom decided i needed a log through my rear slider and busted the windwhield also. i hope you are happy and someone returns the favor to who ever it was.:evil::evil::evil:

hillclimber
06-27-2011, 08:15 PM
that is the shits!! never had problems ever when camping in that area. Generally I'd call it a safe place.

sarg
06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
F**k that sucks, i dont know why s**t heads do S**t like that.

longstonec
06-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Karma will catch up

Salty
06-27-2011, 08:28 PM
sucks man, did you call it in? Kid bush party season comes to mind. ..

Cdn-Redneck
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I was fishing the Vedder canal a couple years back and had somebody punch a hole in my gas tank and drain out my gas. Never noticed until the truck stalled while on the boat ramp with my trailer and boat still in the water. It would be nice to set up a vehicle one time hoping it gets vandalized while waiting in the bushes to ambush the *******s.

longstonec
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Sleeping in camper van in Kelowna acouple springs ago some characters decided to wake my GF and myself up at 3 am by throwing rocks through the windows WHILE we where fast asleep. She woke up just before me and with her screaming and the other noises I instantly though somebody was inside trying to drag her out. Doing my best bear impression while tripping over my sleeping bag trying to get out they jumped in their truck and took off. All that went through my head for the next 24 hours was what would have happened if it was a different time of year and we had the time to set up for them. Didnt let it ruin our weekend though! Had an otherwise great trip just slept in a hotel instead of the camper.

Buck TraX
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
That sucks,WTF is wrong with people these days!!!
DONT UNDERSTAND wrecking someones day that you dont even know for no reason

mark
06-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Sleeping in camper van in Kelowna acouple springs ago some characters decided to wake my GF and myself up at 3 am by throwing rocks through the windows WHILE we where fast asleep. She woke up just before me and with her screaming and the other noises I instantly though somebody was inside trying to drag her out. Doing my best bear impression while tripping over my sleeping bag trying to get out they jumped in their truck and took off. All that went through my head for the next 24 hours was what would have happened if it was a different time of year and we had the time to set up for them. Didnt let it ruin our weekend though! Had an otherwise great trip just slept in a hotel instead of the camper.

Im pretty sure Id be shooting if some dip$h!t did that to me!

longstonec
06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Im pretty sure Id be shooting if some dip$h!t did that to me!

"sweetie should i bring my acouple rifles just cause???"

" naa lets just relax"

"ok."

probably ended up better off for all involved

bc mike
06-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I was out mountain biking when someone broke into my truck. They used a pry bar all around my door. After wrecking my door, they decided to break the window and steal a pair of old dirty jeans from under the back seat. Beyond ignorant. I hope you find your cowards.

MillBay
06-28-2011, 07:49 AM
"Im pretty sure Id be shooting if some dip$h!t did that to me!"

Even though they would deserve it you would end up the bad guy. Yes you where better off without it. Hummm that being said why do I keep a gun in my camper when I'm way out in the sticks?

270WIN
06-28-2011, 09:33 AM
That sucks. I was always tought what comes around goes around. They will get theres. I would have never thought that would happen in that area though.

walnutz
06-28-2011, 09:48 AM
What a bunch of F@#$! I cant stand that kind of sh@#. I hope they drive off a cliff!

Big Lew
06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I had a compound bow stolen from my truck cab while it was parked by the prison on the west side of Stave lake. They shot out the passenger's window, the bullet lodged in the driver's door. Made out a police report, and they said it was an on-going problem, especially in the Fraser Valley. They estimated that the number of culprits was quite small, but they were professionals, stealing for a living, not necessarily for drugs. I said I was going to tow a good looking junk car out to the area and leave something valuable visibly inside and have a radio to call buddies to block the road as well having some buddies to "apprehend" them on the spot if we could. Their response was expected....can't do it, it is called entrapment, and most likely, we would be the one's facing charges. (only in Canada are the bad guys allowed more rights than their innocent victims)

laredo318
06-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I caught a guy breaking into a car one early AM. He decided to lay on his belly, with his ankles crossed, and his hands behind his back and wait for police. Took them 20 minutes to show up.
Guess he thought I was unfriendly, or something
Shoot, shovel, shut up??
nice to talk about it, even if we can't do it, huh??
sigh...........

M.Dean
06-28-2011, 11:43 AM
The honest person gets crapped on by the Police, the Courts and the Criminal Lawyers! How far do we keep backing up to keep the Police and this system happy? These thieves know that next to nothing is going to happen to them if caught by the Police or by the person there stealing from! It's dam near time the honest, hard working people of this Country stood up and started to deal with these low life maggots them selves! And, when the Police or Courts try to charge someone protecting there property from this scum, thousands of people rally in support of the Honest Man! Whats killing us is these lawyers that protect the pieces of Dog Sh** that are stealing from us, and in many cases killing us! What we need here is good olde Texas Justice! If the thieves were beaten half to death with a bat by the victim and no charges were laid, do you think they'd slowly get the idea that maybe getting a job and working for a living is a little more safer??? If every home owner had a Shot Gun, and were shown how to use the weapon, you think Break and Enters and home invasions would slow down a bit??? You bet your Ass they would!!! We the people have to make enough noise, show the Government were going to vote in Mass for the Party that will help stop this Crime Epidemic from spreading like the bloody Black Plague!!!

Long bow
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
S.S.S.
Ive got 32 years with various agencies of LE. I have had enough! I took my almost new ATV to my mothers in Vernon to pull a garden cart while spreading dirt, and cleaning up. The Buggy was parked at the back of the house, under a cam cover...with no thru road behind...STOLEN..Loaded up my vehicle at home ready for moose hunting...Toads broke into my truck and stole 4 rifles, boots etc....Stole my boat and motor out of my yard...it was secured with a heavy..HEAVY security chain..they just used a bigger bolt cutter..Boat recovered..tackle and 25 hp merc..gone. Came back from fishing one day...put three rods against the garage door.went into the house..25 min's...rods gone..House B&E'd twice...last time cleaned it out..ripped out two gun safes full of hardware...5 rifles have been recovered...all gang and drug related...I have had enough. Do I live in the skids..No..In Chilliwack on a main street across from a school..well lit..lots of traffic...good people. I can only say, be careful with whom you share gun info with...Loose lips sink ships..One friend tells another..and he tells another...and some shit rat over hears it..yer done..These incidents have taken place from 97 to this year...Going to Wally World to get a new shovel. I am so choked..go ahead..throw up a road block in my favorite hunting area..You can move it happy..or sad..but you will move it...Drunks in the camp site..Meet Mr pick handle,,,no ASP...Pick handle..had enough...Its to bad that the first guy I catch goin thru our hunt camp..is going to wear it for all of em...But I can garantee(sp) I'm pissed....lol...he wont ever steal again..Rant off..

BearStump
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM

" naa lets just relax"

"ok."

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! thats funny I have the same conversation before every camping trip with my wife......actually it goes alittle more like

"hey hon should I bring some guns incase we see a bear? or how 'bout the shotgun we can shoot some skeets during the day to pass the time? she says "why do you have to be such a f***** redneck? god; do you have to bring your guns every where you go?

longstonec
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
I think from now on I am going to camp with a sack of doorknobs. That or the pick handle LONG BOW is now packing.

Big Lew
06-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Not many get caught unfortunately. They do their deed and are gone in less then a minute. For a number of years now, if I'm in the back-country, I try to make it a habit to record license tags. Some people get upset about it, (some comments have been made on this site) but outside of actually witnessing acts of vandalism or theft, I don't know what else we can do to address this situation. I know if I do catch someone stealing or vandalizing my equipment, I'll argue about it in court later, because it doesn't seem to be a priority to the law enforcers. If it was, then why haven't they set up "Bait car" programs in the high risk areas? They also seem to have enough budget and officers to set up sting operations to catch poachers (expensive robot deer as an example) You would think even ICBC would kick in some monies as they do for other programs, in an effort to reduce claim settlements.

antileno
07-02-2011, 10:02 PM
I've come back from fishing the vedder to a rock through my buddies rear window, you just wish you could come out and catch them... so frustrating. Funny no one really messes around during hunting season, only when your fishing.

antileno
07-02-2011, 10:10 PM
S.S.S.
Ive got 32 years with various agencies of LE. I have had enough! I took my almost new ATV to my mothers in Vernon to pull a garden cart while spreading dirt, and cleaning up. The Buggy was parked at the back of the house, under a cam cover...with no thru road behind...STOLEN..Loaded up my vehicle at home ready for moose hunting...Toads broke into my truck and stole 4 rifles, boots etc....Stole my boat and motor out of my yard...it was secured with a heavy..HEAVY security chain..they just used a bigger bolt cutter..Boat recovered..tackle and 25 hp merc..gone. Came back from fishing one day...put three rods against the garage door.went into the house..25 min's...rods gone..House B&E'd twice...last time cleaned it out..ripped out two gun safes full of hardware...5 rifles have been recovered...all gang and drug related...I have had enough. Do I live in the skids..No..In Chilliwack on a main street across from a school..well lit..lots of traffic...good people. I can only say, be careful with whom you share gun info with...Loose lips sink ships..One friend tells another..and he tells another...and some shit rat over hears it..yer done..These incidents have taken place from 97 to this year...Going to Wally World to get a new shovel. I am so choked..go ahead..throw up a road block in my favorite hunting area..You can move it happy..or sad..but you will move it...Drunks in the camp site..Meet Mr pick handle,,,no ASP...Pick handle..had enough...Its to bad that the first guy I catch goin thru our hunt camp..is going to wear it for all of em...But I can garantee(sp) I'm pissed....lol...he wont ever steal again..Rant off..

Just read this one...Wow lol thats some penned up anger right there, hate to be the guy that takes the brunt of that!

Whonnock Boy
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't even want to get started. F'in Thieves!!!!!

Phil
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
That really is the shiits. There are so many places I won't go or refuse to leave my truck at, in fear of being vadalized or broken in to. I am sorry to here this happened to you. I frequent that lake and others in the area and would like to think it's safe to fish there.

Big Lew
07-03-2011, 07:25 AM
I sent an e-mail to the B.C. CO Department, relaying our collective frustration and anger regarding theft and vandalism which seems to be spiraling out of control with seemingly very few arrests or convictions by authorities. I further warned of vigilantism being openly discussed amongst a growing segment of society wishing to enjoy the outdoors, who are afraid of leaving their vehicles or campsite for fear of damage etc. As per my earlier post in this thread, I asked why they hadn't got together with ICBC and the RCMP to share costs related to instigating "Bait car" type stings in the higher risk areas in an effort to curtail the criminal activity....so far, nobody has returned any replies.

boxhitch
07-03-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by longstonec http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=939966#post939966)

" naa lets just relax"

"ok."

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! thats funny I have the same conversation before every camping trip with my wife......actually it goes alittle more like

"hey hon should I bring some guns incase we see a bear? or how 'bout the shotgun we can shoot some skeets during the day to pass the time? she says "why do you have to be such a f***** redneck? god; do you have to bring your guns every where you go? You boys actually ask to bring along a toy ? OMG

Hummm that being said why do I keep a gun in my camper when I'm way out in the sticks? For it to be stolen ? When away from the unit, better off to have it stashed aways away so you can get to it

walks with deer
07-06-2011, 11:15 PM
This used to happen at the deroche boat long everbody who used to sleep at grassy bar would get robbed.

1 guys truck and boat trailer got pinched and when he came to take his boat out of the water he was sol.
we put some gas in his boat and got a buddy to pick up his boat in mission.

worst part is a week later he was at work and the crooks came to his house they got of the registration with his truck and pulled his jet boat out of the yard the neighbour saw and thought that it was him because it was his truck.

Singleshotneeded
07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm with M.Dean and Long Bow, a good thorough pounding would teach those swine a lesson.
The law is a joke, they go through a revolving door and get a free meal or two. A few broken
ribs, maybe a broken arm and leg, a smashed knee cap(perfect), would slow them down for a
long time and teach them a lesson the pansy lefty courts couldn't in a million years! Crunch,
pound, then leave...:-)

aaronfisher
07-07-2011, 01:01 AM
the toy i dont go into the woods with out is my remmy 870 with a 18" bbl and folding stock and the order i load the mag tube is 2 00 mag shells 2 slugs and 3 bear bangers the sound of it loading should be enough to scare off most mamals and the bear bangers will scare off everything for about 500 yards

Island Idiots
07-07-2011, 07:09 AM
A number of years ago my wifes car window was broken and some change taken. The RCMP officer who attended said there was nothing he could do. He said if you caught the perp, and he fell down and broke his leg while running away, that would be to bad for him. IF he got up and fell and broke his other leg, that would be to bad as well.
I was taken aback by his comments, but it is an indication of the Police frustration as even if convicted the perp will not get punished and its all a big wast of time. Lawyers and Judges make money and our stuff continues to be stolen, violated and damaged.
IF you put bad people in jail they will not do any more crime. That is not good for the lawyers and judges as it might reduce their workload.:evil:

Big Lew
07-07-2011, 08:05 AM
I was taken aback by his comments, but it is an indication of the Police frustration as even if convicted the perp will not get punished and its all a big wast of time. Lawyers and Judges make money and our stuff continues to be stolen, violated and damaged.
IF you put bad people in jail they will not do any more crime. That is not good for the lawyers and judges as it might reduce their workload.:evil:

That's it pretty much in a nutshell....same as the feds not addressing gasoline price gouging....conflict of interest....lawyers and judges lose their piece of the pie, gov't loses revenue from high gas prices.

srupp
07-07-2011, 01:07 PM
hmmm had my camper broken into while I was out hunting....some booze, binos..and a CUSTOM made rifle made for me by a gun shop in Germany as a gift from a exellent friend......as well as the damage to the door...true all I had was a shot gun for grouse when I came back ...but Im sure I would gave used it on any $%$%$**$$(%( at the camper.....

Thats the biggest loss in alot of years but still sucks..

Sorry for your event also...

Steven

MichelD
07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
As much as I love to have my Ithaca 20 gauge along for grouse on a big game trip, because I spend long hours hiking or cycling away from my campsite, I leave it at home. I've got a beater 410 that I wouldn't cry over instead.

Sometimes I think my home in East Vancouver is more secure than my truck at the end of some lonely road. At least I've go neighbours looking out most of the time.

Big Lew
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
hmmm had my camper broken into while I was out hunting....some booze, binos..and a CUSTOM made rifle made for me by a gun shop in Germany as a gift from a exellent friend......as well as the damage to the door...true all I had was a shot gun for grouse when I came back ...but Im sure I would gave used it on any $%$%$**$$(%( at the camper.....

Thats the biggest loss in alot of years but still sucks..

Sorry for your event also...

Steven

Suppose you came upon that thief exiting your camper carrying your rifle. Theoretically, you should have the legitimate right to fire in self defense "because he was armed, and in the process of pointing the rifle toward you." Do you think it would stand up in court in your favour? It's something I've always wondered about. Second scenario; suppose you were able to have him drop any weapons, and when you came up to him, he "lunged toward you", so you "had to" smash him in the face with your shotgun butt in self defense? How would that play out in court? I know how it would be seen if I was on the jury, but I probably would be classified as a hostile juror.

ElliotMoose
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I have ran into some shady characters in the Deka lake area

Peter Pepper
07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Suppose you came upon that thief exiting your camper carrying your rifle. Theoretically, you should have the legitimate right to fire in self defense "because he was armed, and in the process of pointing the rifle toward you." Do you think it would stand up in court in your favour? It's something I've always wondered about. Second scenario; suppose you were able to have him drop any weapons, and when you came up to him, he "lunged toward you", so you "had to" smash him in the face with your shotgun butt in self defense? How would that play out in court? I know how it would be seen if I was on the jury, but I probably would be classified as a hostile juror.

And just how and why would you end up in court? Would you report it? Would the crook?

BCBear
08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
fisheries just ordered and received several dozen trailcams and hopefully acts like this may be caught on tape if in water's view.

Weatherby Fan
08-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Last week Im pressure washing my back deck and my daughter comes and says can you run me to work,1/2 later I get home and the pressure washer is gone off the back deck in broad daylight...........hhmmm I feel your pain !

Mike26
08-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Hmmm I kind of wish someone would vandalize my truck, thing is so old and such a piece of crap I could probably get it written off and take the cash to put towards something newer!