PDA

View Full Version : Murray lake

whiteraven
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Storey is fat daddy dont float any buddy who knows mike or ex bc guide . Hes got a great story and i ve got the greatest son comes in handy some times i think theres a song a bout heroes. Give him all the attaboys although he is a man. He just mite be 1 thank his dad. And goretex boots dont work while in a lake.:)

06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
your getting better at the "Jelvis"
except you need to combine these threads

LYKTOHUNT
06-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Storey is fat daddy dont float any buddy who knows mike or ex bc guide . Hes got a great story and i ve got the greatest son comes in handy some times i think theres a song a bout heroes. Give him all the attaboys although he is a man. He just mite be 1 thank his dad. And goretex boots dont work while in a lake.:)

That about clears it up ???

Livewire322
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
x2 what are you saying?

ex bc guide
06-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Storey goes something like this,
We were up at murray lake this weekend enjoying fine mountain time, the weather was not the greatest with blowing winds and scattered showers all of saturday, with a small window of nicer weather my father took a chance to enjoy a chance at some fishing, as he started to make his way out the wind started to pick up again......yes this caused him to end up in the lake not to sure how it all went down as I was up at camp watching the fire, but with a loud splash and a call for help I was on my way to the beach to see what was happening, it was then that I knew that he needed help, off with my heavy jacket and wallet to my wife I was on a rescue mission to get to him,thankfully I was able to get there with little difficult and was able to pull him to shore where there were several others willing to help if needed ( a huge thanks to any of you if you are a member here.) yes he had pfd yes he is experienced with boating and yes he has a boaters card unfortunally he was hit with some bad luck. No I am not a hero I was just doing what needed to be done,as I would for anyone else in this situation. thankfully it had a happy ending with all of us comming home in the same truck. Hopefully this is a better understanding of what he is trying to say.
Mike

Livewire322
06-27-2011, 03:13 PM
thanks for the clarification

06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Your paps sounds like a character! :)

ex bc guide
06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Your paps sounds like a character! :)
He is for sure! great guy to be around.

06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Sounds like that goes both ways for you both!!

BCHunterTV
06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
huh? im confused

Big Lew
06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Not many think they are, or try to be heroes, but when bad things happen, a few jump in without hesitation, sometimes risking their own welfare in order to try and help another.....like you. Those persons are heroes, like the tag or not....good for you.

Steeleco
06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Always thought you were a great guy Mike. Good on you for stepping up when needed. Tip of the hat to you my friend.

pappy
06-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Its good to have people who perform under pressure, good on ya for swimming when it was needed the most. Theres not many better times to celebrate life after a moment like that.

whiteraven
06-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi i"m mom of the ex b.c. guide.Thanks Mike for pulling dad out the lake.

06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi i"m mom of the ex b.c. guide.Thanks Mike for pulling dad out the lake.

This is a funny thread!
First dad sounds like he is still hypothermic while he is typing the story. Which has its humour. Then the son steps in to type it like it happened so we can all under stand it better. And now mom chimes in to thank the kid for saving Pappy :mrgreen:

Good on ya all, and good on dad for wearing a life jacket. But hey Dad, Next time wear flippers!

Really good on ya all :-D

ex bc guide
06-28-2011, 08:14 AM
This is a funny thread!
First dad sounds like he is still hypothermic while he is typing the story. Which has its humour. Then the son steps in to type it like it happened so we can all under stand it better. And now mom chimes in to thank the kid for saving Pappy :mrgreen:

Good on ya all, and good on dad for wearing a life jacket. But hey Dad, Next time wear flippers!

Really good on ya all :-D
I dont see this as a funny thread at all, its my parents as well as other hbc members thanking me for stepping up and doing what was needed at that time. 20 more feet and this storey could have had a tragic ending.

06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I know that is not the part i find funny. And by funny i dont mean i am sitting laughing.
that is why i ended my last with the "Really, good on you guys :) " with the smily face.

So i dont mean anything by it, i was just looking at it as it is typed and from not being there. And i do understand the seriousness of the situation your family had. How your dad worded his story is humorous from my side. The fact that it happened is not. This is all i mean. Sorry.