PDA

View Full Version : Bison draw 7-57A Oct1-15

orso
06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi guys Im new to this site and from reading the posts there are alot of knowlegble people here and Im hoping to pick some brains here because I just got the bison draw for 7-57A from Oct1-15. I have a few questions so please bare with me.
1) how is the weather and the terrain this time of year. IM thinking it can get very cold but is the terrain going to be easy going with a quad or say a ranger.
2)I have been reading other posts about accomodation and was wondering about the cabins on the native land and if they are reasonably priced and what kind of shape they are in. I realize that they charge $175 a hunter but that doesnt bother me too much as long as ther is bison on it. I also heard of Jamie at the pink mtn, motor inn. How far is the motel from the bison in terms of driving time or distance?
If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, Inever thought I would get this draw and theres no way Im gonna miss this one. Any advice to make this a successful hunt would be great.
Thanks alot...:-D

Buck
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow had the date wrong lol

Marlin375
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Oct 1-15th...I dont think you'll need a snow machine.
We were there 2 year ago and the leaves were still on the trees, yellow, but still hangin.
It got chilly at night -17 was the record low outside our wall tent, but -10 at night was the norm and up to 10 during the day.
After a summer of hassle free grazing the Bison are everywhere throughout the valley, we had to dodge a herd on the road before the gate.
Elk and Moose are open as well, we were woke up by elk bugleing on more than one morning. Wolves howling at night and A grizz was gaurding a kill closer to the ranch.
Same spot as Bucks Pic (see the Bison at the bottom of the slope)
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab62/Marlin375/TGBH09025.jpg
a shot through the spotter
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab62/Marlin375/TGBH09024.jpg

One bit of advise...Bison flesh is different than Moose, You have only a few hours to get the meat cooled down.
Pull the trigger in the morning.

orso
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Thats awesome guys, thanks for the info. YTou wouldnt happen to know how I can contact the blueberry ranch to book one of those cabins or how much they would cost? I think in one of the posts I read that they send you that info from the MOE when you get your tag?

orso
06-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow had the date wrong lol

I thought there was alot of snow on the ground for the beginning of October lol.