PDA

View Full Version : Dease River Access

Mooseter
06-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know if there is a place to launch a jet boat near what used to be called Mighty Moes. I have been told the new owners do not allow it.

I see on google earth a couple of houses along the river not far up from Moes.

Don't mind paying for safe parking place.

Have been told that Dease River Crossing is under new ownership but have been unable to contact them.
Would like to be further up river if possible anyway.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

bcyukonair
06-26-2011, 06:03 AM
put in across the road from dease river crossing camp ground or at sawmill point on the lake if its a wet fall or in the river about half mile from the lake where the miners cross need 4x4

Skull Hunter
06-26-2011, 08:05 AM
If you want to be further up river your best bet might be at the French Creek Rec. Site. It's not all that far of a trip into the Dease, but make sure you do your research to see if you can get to the Dease in your boat as I don't know how big of a boat that river (French) can handle.

bcyukonair
06-26-2011, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Zubris21;939009]If you want to be further up river your best bet might be at the French Creek Rec. Site. It's not all that far of a trip into the Dease, but make sure you do your research to see if you can get to the Dease in your boat as I don't know how big of a boat that river (French) can handle.

french cr rec site is on the dease river usually need 4x4 it is about 170 kms down the dease from the town of disease lake

Mooseter
06-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info.
I plan on going down river from Moose Meadows towards Mc Dame . I have been in at French Cr rec site but its too far up river and last time I was there caught some FNs poking around camp when came back to camp. Just lucky I think. So I guess its Dease River Crossing.

Is it safe to leave truck parked there?

gerrygoat
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I have parked at Dease Crossing before and felt totally at ease leaving the truck there. It's pretty secure there, hiding the truck by Good Hope lake on the other hand made me nervous.